Chapter 7

Lennox backed away from me, but didn't let go of my arm.  "WHAT?!" he shouted back.

        Alisha hollared back, "The horses are loose!  Moonlight took off with them!"

        Lennox sighed and rolled his eyes.  I figured that it meant that it happened a lot around here.  Or it could mean that it wasn't really his job to find and capture the horses again.  I wondered if Nightmare was still where we left her.  He turned and started heading back to the stables.  I followed behind and thought of his reaction to the spider.  I started laughing again.

        "What's so funny?" he asked.  His voice kind of sharp in a tone that said that he didn't find much funny at this moment.  "We have to find and lead at least 30 horses back to the stables!"

        I was still kind of laughing as I gasped, "At least 30!"  I shook my head, clearing myself of the memory and laughter.  "What do you mean we?  I don't have to do anything but not eat anything I'm not supposed to or harm the people on this ranch."

        "First of all it's not a ranch.  Second of all...." he paused as the ground underneath our feet started to shake.  "Get back!"  He reached out an arm and pushed me back as the horses passed us by, full speed ahead.

        I stared in awe as I noticed the different colors pass by.  It was almost like watching a wild rainbow touch down and then move on.  It was powerful and amazing and beautiful.  I noticed the Moonlight was a bay with a star.  Lennox let his arm go back to his side as he watched the stampeeding horses.  He didn't look amazed like me.  He seemed almost furious.

        Suddenly, I felt myself moving forward.  I wanted to be a part of it.  I heard Lennox say something, but I couldn't make it out over the pounding of hooves.  I started dancing and waited until I saw NIghtmare (how they got her out of the knotted rope I have no idea) and then grabbed a hold of her mane.  I swung myself up and before I knew it, I was riding a horse that had a mind of her own.  She wasn't going to listen to me for a million carrots.  She was intranced by the power Moonlight had over all of them.

        I waved to Lennox in the split second that I had to notice him.  I was amazed at how easy it was to stay on top of a speeding horse.  It didn't take that much effort and I wondered if I had T to thank for that or if Nightmare was just an easy horse to ride.  Either way, I was grateful.

        Come on. Let's have some fun. T persuaded.

        I found myself mentally agreeing and before I could come to grips with what she was going to do, I teleported.  Okay, actually what I did was I jumped off Nightmare and ran ahead to stand in front of Moonlight.  However, I did this at supersonic speed so to the naked eye it looked like I teleported.  Normally animals are spooked and tend to run in the other direction as fast as they can.  Moonlight simply snorted before changing direction. He went left and I quickly darted over that way to make him turn around back to the barn.  He did and the herd followed.

        I laughed and then "teleported" again.  This time I was playing with Moonlight.  He knew it too, and was more than happy to play along.  We moved around the fields before I got him back in the carrol with the other horses following.  Lennox and Alisha were talking, standing on the wooden planks that made up the carrol.

        I laughed as Moonlight snorted in my face.  I reached up and stroked his muzzle.  He nudge me and leaned into my touch.  This was so weird.  The animals around here must be on something.  What did Lennox's grandmother do them?  Do they just get a lot of weird visitors?

        "You're a handsome horse, you know that?" I crooned as I continued to pet him.

        He snorted back in answer to my question.  I kissed his nose and he backed up to look at me.  I smiled and then teleported to be with Lennox and Alisha.  I watched as the horses settled back down.  I looked at Lennox, "Does that mean that I get to take all the credit for this?"