chapter eighteen

Casey stood next to Jasper in the parking lot of Forks High School, waiting for school to start. Bella had yet to speak to her since their phone call over the weekend, and Casey was extremely upset about it.

Bella's truck pulled into the parking lot, parking in her usual spot. She got out of her truck, slamming the door and looking across the parking lot and straight at Casey. Casey tried to give her a smile, but Bella's gaze drifted to Edward. The vampire met her gaze with no falter, the rest of the family watching their interaction nervously.

"She knows," Edward said quietly. Rose flared her nostrils, a snarky reply working it's way towards her mouth. Bella started walking towards them, but half way across the parking lot she changed direction to the woods. She walked with confidence that Casey had never seen in her before. Edward went to follow her, but Casey grabbed his arm before he got too far. "Will you tell her I'm sorry I lied? Please," she begged. Edward nodded, "I'll explain it to her. You two will be fine." "Thank you," Casey said sincerely. Edward gave her a nod and, without even a glance to his family, turned and followed Bella into the woods.

"He's going to fuck everything up," Rosalie clenched her jaw. "Loosen up babe. She could turn out just as awesome as Casey!" Emmett grinned. Rose rolled her eyes, "I doubt it." "Bella's really great. I think you would like her if you tried," Casey told her carefully. Alice nodded in agreement, "I've already seen it. We're going to be best friends!"

The warning bell rang and the group grabbed their things and headed inside to their classes. Jasper and Emmett walked with Casey to English like they did every day. "Did you finish the revision essay?" Jasper asked. Casey halted, looking at him in bewilderment. "That's not due today?!" She yelped, a questioning tone to her voice. Jasper nodded with an amused smile, "It is, love." Casey groaned throwing her head back to make it look more dramatic. Emmett laughed at her, while Jasper gripped her hand in his and pulled her to their English class.

___

Casey sat on the couch with Jasper and Alice at the Cullen house. Alice was going over the plan for prom night, even though it was nearly a month away still. "Jasper and I are going to pick you up at around 7:00. I want to get pictures of you and Michael, so we'll do a few pictures at your house, then we'll come back here for some pictures in the garden, because let's face it, Esme's garden is absolutely gorgeous. Then you and Jasper are going to take my car, Isaac and I will be in Carlisle's car, Rose and Emmett are going to take the BMW and Edward is going to pick Bella up in the Volvo." She explained.

"Why can't we carpool? Do we really need to take four cars?" Alice looked at her like she was crazy, "Because, its prom! It's for the aesthetic!" Esme chuckled as she walked behind the couch, dusting the livingroom.

Jasper slid his arm around Casey's waist, his chin resting on her shoulder as she leaned back against him. "How did the visit with Bella go?" She asked. "Horrible!" Rose called from the kitchen. Alice rolled her eyes, "She's just mad because she broke a bowl and Esme made her clean it up." Casey laughed, an amused smile lighting up her face. "It was great though. Edward was really nervous to have her around all of us, but I think it went really well." Casey smiled, "That's good. I'm glad her and Edward aren't staring angstly at each other from across the cafeteria anymore." Alice nodded in agreement.

"You're telling me. Edward's mixed feelings for her give me a headache everytime she's in a one mile radius." Jasper mumbled. Casey and Alice giggled, Jasper smiled lightly, kissing Casey's cheek.

"Oh my God! Casey, I almost forgot. You have to come play baseball with us tomorrow! Bella's coming too," Alice bounced. "Baseball? Isn't it supposed to rain tomorrow?" "That's the only time we can play," Jasper smirked. He could feel the curiosity practically radiating off of her. "You'll understand tomorrow." Esme assured. Casey nodded slowly, "Alright, sure. I'm warning you though, I know zero about baseball. Like, nothing at all."