Wayland Academy- Ch.5

• Dedicated to Sue Brown

Its dark. I'm running. I look back and he is there all of a sudden. He has got  a hold of me. I cry out trying to get away. He has his knife. I start crying and kicking and screaming. No one is coming to help me; He is going to kill me this time, I know it. He puts his knife right over the part where he stabbed me before, and I scream.

"God damn! Sofia wake up!" Mr. Danvers yells. I'm crying and disoriented. It was just a nightmare. I felt Mr. Danvers shaking me, trying to wake me. I started to look around, we're pulled over on the side of the road.

"Sofia? Siri? Are you okay? Please answer me." Mr. Danvers is talking normally now. I look at him and just continue crying. He sees that I'm awake now and starts wiping my tears away.  "Sofia, its okay now. It was only a dream," Mr. Danvers whispers to me. He pulls me into a hug and for some reason I start to calm down. It's only a dream, I chant in my head. Mr. Danvers is right.  I'm okay. "It was only a dream," I whimper. Mr. Danvers starts to pull away and I grip tighter. I realize what I'm doing and release him.  "Sorry, I have these nightmares some times," I say, as Mr. Danvers starts the car again. He looks worried and upset himself. 

"I was worried, you were screaming and crying. Most of the kids have that kind of thing in their file so I'm ready for it, but you didn't," he said, while looking over at me for a second. "By the way, we have a few minuets until we arrive at Wayland," he adds.

"Okay. Do you mind if I turn on the light so I can try to look like I haven't been crying?" I ask. He just nods and hits the light for me. When I look in the mirror I see that I'm a total mess.  I have red eyes and my face is puffy. Plus my pony tale is half out half in.

Once I have myself fixed, I look at my surroundings and see that Wayland is apparently in the middle of a forest. We drive for another ten minuets and then I see the gates to Wayland. They are huge iron gates. They look like something that goes to an old plantation that was really worried about their slaves escaping. It was intimidating and welcoming at the same time.

When we got through the gates is when I was surprise at the beauty of the school. It had one large building in the front. It looked like a very old building that came from England. Beside and a little to the back was two very large buildings that said "Walker Dorm" and "Gateway Dorm". A little farther back was an even larger building that was obviously the school. Next to that was a semi-large building that had a sign that read, "LynnRedenAerobicsCenter."

"Well, here we are. I was told to tell you that you are in Walker Dorm and your room number is 145. You're rooming with Oliver Cameron. I live straight down the hall. Also please don't complain about the whole guy roommate, we're out of room and this is what you're getting," he said, while helping me with my stuff.

I had a male roommate. This could be very good or very bad. Hmm....