Sweater

Disclaimer: Victorious and characters belong to their original owners. No exchange of money has been made following this story.

It's been a little over a month since that failure of a dinner after which Jade confessed she loved me and would end things with Cat, but it really didn't happen that way.

That night my redheaded friend came to my house just after midnight, she had been crying for who knows how long, her eyes were all red and swollen and she kept sobbing. It took her a while to explain what happened.

Apparently, just as she entered her house, she knew things were over, she not only ignored her as her girlfriend, but had begun to treat her in a very condescending way.

Jade didn't have the slightest intention to appear happy with Cat or to show how she was the best girlfriend in the world, not even to provoke envy in me, and there it was, in that moment, she realized that Jade didn't because I was the object of her interest.

That's why her girlfriend was so distant when I was around and that's why, over the course of the night, emotionally, she went from aggression to defeat. Watching me being happy with someone else destroyed her.

Right then, Cat took a cab and went straight to her house. Jade was still giving me a lift, so she arrived and waited in the burgundy sofa in her room. She told me that when her girlfriend walked in she had been crying, she saw her beaten and couldn't help but hug her and tell her everything would be fine, that it sure hurt to see someone she loved with someone else, but she understood perfectly, that love wasn't something that you can decide and that they definitely had to break up.

Of course Cat knew how she felt, she was in love with Jade, and to accept the truth and then sacrifice herself for her ex's happiness hurt a lot.

I didn't know what to say, I felt guilty and I didn't know the extent to which Cat had realized that the feeling was mutual.

After breaking the long embrace, both began a conversation that revolved around me and how we started dating and building a relationship, and when Cat asked her to get back together, she agreed because she owed her the chance, but she never felt the same because she had developed feelings for me.

So you see, Cat didn't come to my house just to vent. No, she came to do her due claim. She asked me why I didn't tell her what was happening. Why I never mentioned how I felt about Jade, why I agreed to spend the night of the sleepover with them and why I agreed to dinner.

I told her that it wasn't my place to meddle in something that clearly wasn't my decision, that although I wanted things to be different, what they decided wasn't any of my business and I accepted both invitations because she is my friend and she asked me to. How can you deny a favor to a friend? How can you deny something to Cat?

She looked at me with a face that I never imagined to see in life.

"You are really dumb, Tori."

Yes, she also told me. She asked if I still felt the same and I confessed that I did and also that Mika was nothing more than a friend. I said that I didn't want to be a third wheel and so, when Mika suggested us going as a couple I accepted.

I obviously lied, a little white lie, the truth is that I did it to rub it in Jade's face, but I just lied to Cat once... well twice, I never told her about the sleepover's kiss, but that is separate issue.

Cat is a good friend, she understood and asked me to give her some time to get through this. She asked for the summer, but she said more than once, that if Jade and I are happy together, we should give it a try. After all, who is she to you prevent two people from loving each other.