A Night Like This

Remember that this is a work of FICTION.

A Night Like This

Chapter 01

Long-distance relationship - a challenge, a fairytale, and an epitome of true love. It's where distance isn't just numbers and miles anymore and trust is all you have left. But I never believed in that kind of relationsh*t.

Until that fateful day..

I met her in high school on a rainy day, under an umbrella. Her blue eyes were as deep as the oceans. We fell in love, and time seemed to pass quickly. It felt like nothing was gonna stop nor separate us. But I had this little fear that got bigger and bigger as our relationship went on. That fear, I didn't let it bother me. I just wanted to live in this dreamy world with her. But you could never escape reality, it'll pull you back down from that world. Time passes, reality comes and realization sets in. My fears? It came true- she was set to leave for London.

So what made me believe in long-distance relationships? My love for her. Cold nostalgia chills me, but my memory of her is my warmth. Mountains and oceans may separate us, but she showed me that love has no distance.

**

"Chris, don't do it! You'll die in there." I yelled.

A scream of fear and terror followed by an evil laugh echoed through the living room.

"Damn. I told him not to." I turned my TV off and stood off the couch. I've been watching all day. Cheetos bags and soda cans were everywhere.

Suddenly, I could hear an engine roaring, the sound was getting louder. The car turned left into our garage. I looked at the clock and it was 9 P.M. Quickly, I took all my trash and shoved them in the bin.

My mom got out of the car, "Adam!" she yelled out.

The sound of her voice shook me.  

"Coming!" I ran to the door and unlocked it.

"Adam, the keys were supposed to be in the flower pots." she scolded, placing her hands on her hips.

I thought for a second then I cupped my pockets. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that." I took the keys out of my pocket and gave it to her.

Marie Chase, a strict but loving mother. There were bags under her brown eyes, which I inherited from her. Her brownish hair was tied up to a ponytail and she wore a white coat. Before she went upstairs for bed, she gave me the typical motherly lecture about being a responsible teen whenever she's out for work, sleeping early, and a few more reminders I've heard a thousand times already.

I put on my hoodie and went out of our house. I headed towards the other side of the street and sat on the bench. There was a street lamp beside it that lighted the small area. The cool breeze was blowing through my fringe. Do summmer nights really get this cold?

I took my iPhone out from my pocket to send a text message: "Rise and shine, baby. ;)"

Gazing up at the starless skies, I thought about her.

She should be awake by now. I miss her.. so much.

♂  Breeana Mayer

A mix of strawberry vodka and manly cologne scent was forcing its way through my nostrils. My head was aching and it felt heavy. I woke up to see a shirtless Ryan beside me. His arm was wrapped around my waist.

I gently removed his arm, trying not to wake him. My heart was hammering inside my chest as I tried to creep out of the sheets that were covering us. I reached the edge of the bed and slowly landed my feet on the cold, wooden floor. I took my wrinkled clothes that were lying on the floor and wore them quickly but silently. I tiptoed towards the door and held the knob. I twisted it slowly as it made the unlocking sound. I slowly pulled the door, making a creaking sound. I forced my thin body out of the thin space and as soon as I was out, I ran out of the apartment.

I took a cab home. I was a mess. My hair was everywhere, I smelled like cheap vodka and my clothes were wrinkled. The chaffeur was staring at me coldly through the rearview mirror. I tried to avoid his piercing gaze, looking out of the window. I watched the trees as we were passing by in motion. I had the cab to drop me off a block away from my house.

I knew my parents were at work at that time and luckily, I had a spare key. I went to my room. I could feel Ryan's hands all over me. Just the thought of it scared me. I sat down on my bed, replaying scenarios in my mind. Suddenly, my phone buzzed-

From: Adam ♥

"Rise and shine, baby. ;)"

My heart stopped. I bit my lower lip. A tear escaped from my left eye and landed on my phone's screen. I was breathing heavily. I hunched my back as I placed my trembling hands on my forehead with my elbows resting on my lap. My face contorted in guilt. My tears were flowing like a river, streaming down my arms as it landed on the floor. It seemed like I was drowning myself in regret. I got up and went to the bathroom. I looked at my dirty reflection in the mirror. I was terrified as reality was sinking into my mind. It was then that I came to the realization-

I..

I cheated on him.

♀ Adam Chase

A droplet of water landed on my nose. I checked my iPhone, expecting a message from her. I know it hasn't buzzed yet but I just wanted to be sure. Nothing, all I saw was a picture wallpaper of us. I stood up and headed towards my house with my hands in my hoodie's pockets. The drizzle was turning in to a rain as I reached the door. It was a long day and my eyelids felt like a pair of anvils. I went up to my bedroom and took my hoodie off.

I checked my iPhone one last time- still nothing. I placed my phone on the desk and switched my lamp off. I lied on my sides while hugging a pillow then I took my blanket and laid it on my body. Her face was the last thing I saw before I slowly blacked out.

Goodnight, dear Bree.

**

Author's Note:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading, awesome people. :D

Vote & Comment! 

// C.T