9 💐

(Anica)
...

After that breath-taking surprise Austin made just for me, I can't help but to walk on sunshine the other day. Halata sa office ang bloom ko.

Austin gifted me a vintage 90's-styled restaurant which was based on my childhood drawing, that alone was too much to take.

Hindi kami sabay pumasok ni Austin ngayon. He had to attend a very important meeting and I wasn't able to go with him since my presence is badly needed at the office. Nakangiti akong umupo sa desk ko which is nearby Austin's desk.

I sighed while looking at his organized things.

"Mas masinop pa talaga sa akin ang magiging mister ko," medyo natatawa at napapailing kong sabi.

As I went clearing the files on the desk, bigla kong naalala ang sinabi ni Austin sa akin last night. He said that I looked a lot like Danielle. Sa papanong paraan kaya?

Curiousity is eating me and I know I have to make an action.

Dali-dali kong binuksan ang search engine and browsed for Danielle's name, I found a lot of Danielle on the site. I don't remember her surname so how could I search for her now?

I almost gave up when I grasped a better idea. Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa utak ko at naisipan kong puntahan ang profile ni Austin.

"Hm, wala pa ring nagbago since I last saw his profile. Same people who commented on our last picture together are still on his wall. Hm. Where can I find you Danielle?" habang kinakausap ko ang sarili ko, napansin ko ang isang comment sa picture ni Austin kung saan he was wearing a tux, looking so great.

The comment has been there for months now. I let a sigh of relief after seeing that Austin hasn't replied to that comment.

I opened the profile of whoever that comment belongs to, then I saw her name.

Danee.

So that's the reason why I couldn't find her. I felt a sting of pain in my chest. Bigla akong nanlambot. She and Austin are still friends on social media.

Napabuntunghininga na lang ako sa nakita kong larawan ni Danielle. She is a goddess. The perfect example of an angel. No wonder Austin's mom is going crazy over wanting her as an addition to the Ynarez family.

"Ano nga bang laban ko sayo?" Mangiyak-ngiyak kong sabi as I continue to scan her pictures.

Tiningnan ko ang iba pa niyang pictures from her old albums. May isang larawan si Danielle doon kung saan nakasuot siya ng two-piece bikini. She was smiling at the camera and her hair was short, just like my hair.

Napasinghap ako.

Kung sa ibang pagkakataon, I would be very happy na maikumpara sa isang model like her but not in my case with Danielle being the ex-girlfriend of Austin. Parang mas nakakahiyang maikumpara lalo na't ang itsura ko ay malayong-malayo sa kanya.

If I see any picture of them together, malamang masasaktan ako. I don't want to feel hurt again. Sapat na ang sakit na naidudulot ng mama ni Austin.

I was at the verge of crying ng biglang bumukas ang pintuan ng office. I smiled upon seeing him.

Masaya ang bukas ng mukha ni Austin. Ang ngiti niya ang isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit ko siya minahal. Habang lumalapit siya sa akin, unti-unti ring nabubura ang pagdududa ko sa sarili ko.

Mahal ako ni Austin. I swallowed a big bag of air when he finally reached me and kissed me excitedly.

"I missed you, Anica. Man, that meeting was dull. I couldn't even take my thoughts off of you. Am I too obsessed with you, wifey? I love you," he whispered after the kissed.