Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I looked at Lucius, never knew a vampire could grow a soft spot for a human, especially one such as me. I was weak and I was very vulnerable to anyone if they wanted to get their hands on me they could easily do so. Lucius looked at me and then said, "It's time to get you back home, it's past midnight."

I nodded to him, still in a little shock what had happened earlier. We walked back towards the house, but apparently I was too slow for Lucius because he would have to wait on me. It came to the point where Lucius picked me up and ran. It felt like we were flying more than running. We got to my house and he gently set me on my feet and opened the door and allowed us in. He locked the door and picked me up then ran upstairs, again without making any sound. The rest of the night was a blur because once I hit the bed I was out like a light.

The next morning I woke up the next morning and looked around my room, it looked the same, but I didn't know if what happened last night actually happened or it was a dream. I slowly got out of bed and went to the closet and there was a refrigerator and inside was Frisch's burgers…nope it wasn't a dream, and in the far dark corner was Lucius sleeping standing up with his hands across his chest.

I couldn't help but smile, just seeing him there proved that everything was real, everything that happened last night actually happened. I ran over to my bed and plopped down; I couldn't wait until dusk fell. Just at that moment my father came up and said, "We're heading out, and you're coming with us."

"Why? So you can prove to all your friends that I'm still alive and well?" I asked. He growled and grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me out of the room and to the bathroom.

"Take a shower and get ready."

"Where are we going? If we're going to your stupid church you can kiss your sorry ass goodbye because I'm not going. I refuse." I retorted.

"We're going to see your grandmother because she's really ill, there do you feel better enough to take a shower now?" he growled and slammed the door. The only reason I could figure why he didn't hit me was because he wanted me to look better for my grandma, just in case this would be the last time we saw her.

After I got done taking a shower and getting my makeup and hair fixed I quickly grabbed a nice pair of clothes, which was very scarce in my closet. Once that was finished I was actually allowed to walk downstairs where my parents were waiting on me. They had been done for what seemed for an hour. "What took you so long?" my mother asked me in an irritated voice.

"Dad came up and told me what you guys were doing just an hour ago, considering the fact I think I did pretty good, if you wanted me done faster then I suggest you should have came up to my room a little sooner so I could have been ready when you guys were." I smarted off.

My mom didn't say anything just had her arms crossed and giving me the evil look as was my father. I just ignored them, I was used to it and they knew I was right. The three of us walked to my dad's car, it had been forever since I had been in a moving vehicle and I truly didn't know my dad had had this car for a while or it was brand new.

"I want you to be on your best behavior." Mom whispered from the front seat.

"Of course mother dearest." I retorted.

"You don't speak of anything at the house, if she asks you about school tell them that you graduated early and as for college you have applied to a few, but haven't gotten any news yet."

"Gotcha, basically the same routine we had when I was in elementary when you both beat me on a regular basis." I whispered.

"What was that?" dad asked loudly.