Prologue - Part 1

Published - March 8th, 2018
Copyright © Anna Rose 2018

✩•✩•✩•✩•✩

September 1st, 2018

     April Louis Davis, that's me.

     For as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of having my very own fairytale. Growing up, I was blessed to have had a happy, caring family that provided me with unconditional love.

     I guess the biggest influence on me being such a romantic, and wanting to have my own fairytale were my dads. Nothing has ever been the truest of love to me other than my parents. Oh gosh, where do I even start?

     I absolutely envied them, to say the least, their longing looks to one another, how the simplest of things can make them fall deeper in love, how despite every fight or argument they had it made them come out stronger than before.

     More than anything in the world, that is what I wanted. A person to share that with. I didn't dream about living in a castle or marrying a prince. Well, maybe that was a little untrue when I was 5 years-old, but everything was different when I was 23.

     Back then, just nearing 3 years ago, I was just a new college graduate, living out on my own and setting out to my new life, new adventures. I was focusing on myself and my dream of being an author and nothing else really mattered.

     I wanted to travel the world and be able to experience new things, to broaden my knowledge about everything life had to offer. I also wanted to find the right person to share that with.

     And I did just that. No, I didn't travel or anything of the sort, but I did meet him. I experienced things that weren't what I had planned to experience. Although they were different, it was far greater than I had ever imagined. I went on adventures, dates, I created memories that changed my life.

     For the first time ever, I fell in love, I experienced endless of passionate lovemaking, newfound memories, countless of laughter and smiles as well as pure happiness with the one person I knew I couldn't live without.

     Some say it happened too fast and I couldn't deny that, but my heart at the time wanted what it wanted. Despite all that, for the first time ever, I had also gotten my heart broken and allowed me to be afraid, to be terrified, to love again. It put me through countless of sleepless nights, and many many mental break down. I was broken.

     So here I am now, sharing my story about the greatest love I was blessed to have experienced. Here's to those who are as much of a romantic as I am.

     From here on out, it gonna be a roller coaster of a ride, so take a seat, hold on tight and keep those tissues close.

     Let's get started, shall we?

     "April!" oops, give me just a second.

     "Yes," a man in his late 50's walked into my old bedroom with a gentle smile on his face.

     "What're you doing up here all alone with everyone downstairs" I scanned his face where a few wrinkles had to appear here and there.

     "Just trying to tell my story" I was rewarded with a familiar chuckle.

     "Well it's time for dinner, I'm sure it can wait for a couple of hours" you heard the man.

     I'll continue later, I promise it'll be worth it.

     I have no clue why I thought of spending the weekend here, I knew it was not going to be as peaceful as I had hoped.

     But I mean, parents have to see their children once in a while right?

     "Don't make me get your father up here" That's funny, after so many years, he still didn't realize that daddy basically lets me get away with anything.

     Until later,
          April Louis

✩•✩•✩•✩•✩

Well, there you have it.

Let me know what you think (:

Vote, Comment and Follow

     — Anna