𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦

All the windows were open, letting in as much light as the house could hold. The house had drowned in silence entirely and it felt as if the house was left for a very long time. Birds singing their little hearts out was the only thing I could hear, with the swift brushing of leaves to make a heavenly symphony. Things hadn't felt this peaceful to me in a long time, that I amost forgot how to wake up refreshed and relaxed. Edward made everyday feel like a living hell.

A figure appeared from the backyard, almost as if it came out of nowhere. I did recognize the face when my eyes had fell on it, the same woman who put both Renee and I on our edges, except now she looked a lot better without sleep leaving marks everywhere on her. I had nothing to do with her, I didn't know her, but for some reason I seemed to be stepping on her nerves, I had no idea why.

"Oh hey, don't you think you're a bit too early to wake up?" She was the first to break the silence, and I couldn't really make out what she meant, but I knew for a fact that she meant no good, she really couldn't stand having me around her house.

I ignored her, gave her no listening ear so that she doesn't pass any more lines, because I didn't feel like dealing with bullshit right after I woke up. There was a pause, neither of us was willing to utter a word. Yet, I could feel her gaze sticking to me like I was the only thing to be seen in the room as I made my way to the fridge to grab some milk.

"Just so you know, this isn't your house, so don't really make yourself at home." She broke the silence, speaking with a tone that showed nothing but how she can be uselessly mean and absolutely childish. "Put the milk back."

I could clearly hear her, but I chose not to really listen to her. I grabbed a glass from the sink and poured myself some milk, completely ignoring her statement as if it was never said.

"I'd totally appreciate it if you shut the fuck up." I spoke from the kitchen, leaning over the sink and taking a mouthful gulp from the milk glass in my hands.

A smirk drew itself on her face, pretty obviously even from the kitchen away from her. A little exhale came out in a form of little laugh of disbelief, of underestimation. She made her way to me, her cheap silk floral robe dragging itself behind her like butterfly wings.

"Damn me, you're exactly as disgusting as the bitch Renee." She said, with spiteful form of whisper. Al of a sudden her fingers startled me too harshly when they clenched on my jaw, squeezing it ever so tightly that I could feel my bones turning to dust in her grip. Her face was drawn closer and closer to me, and her eyes found a place to settle in mine.

"What the fuck!" I jumped only a split second later, almost yelling furiously as I pushed her off me. "Get your fucking hands off me!"

"What the fuck is going on here?" Renee's figure appeared from the room as if she had came down from the heavens to save me again. Her eyes scanned the two of us with a deep frown.

"She's insane as fuck!" I jumped as soon as Renee's question was heard, walking away from her in hurried steps.

Renee had a powerful glare in her eyes, powerful enough that it could peirce through a wall. It felt as if she had her words written in her eyes, and for a moment I could hear her words echoing loudly just by looking at her eyes. Jerrica didn't look away either, she buried her eyes deep within Renee's furious eyes. She kept chewing on the inside of her dark colored lips, and for a moment, only for a single moment, time stood still.

"You dare to get close to her one more time and you know exactly what happens." Renee's voice came out sharp like a blade, yet low and deep. Immediately, Jerrica tilted her head down to face her feet. There was something she remembered well, and the memory seemed to stab her hard.

"You too," She turned towards me this time. Her voice noticeably softened as she seemed to fail to look at my face. "Stay away from her." And with that, she quietly made her way back into the room.

There was something I couldn't deny in her voice, couldn't really figure it out but it did have a presence, especially when she was talking to me. Something beyond the heaviness of sleep, beyond the anger and the annoyance. Something more like anxiety, more like crowded over thinking. I could notice how hard she tried to keep her eyes away from me, for she knew that they would betray her, for she knew they would evidently show something she aimed to keep hidden. I was worried, and I had the urge to ask her, but it was the willingness to stay out of her things that stopped me.