13. The Call

Harry

Sam and I have now known one another a year now, officially together for half that. It's been the best time of my life for most of that, and we had even taken a week off work completely, just for the two of us to have time together. We needed it I think.

It's a Wednesday, I've asked for the night off to take my beautiful girl out to dinner and a quiet night in.

Sam had came into the apartment from working half a shift at the restaurant. I asked "Sam, baby do you feel like going out to eat, then maybe spending a relaxing night in?"

She looked at me with surprised eyes "Harry, uh don't you have to work tonight?"

"I did, but for you, I took it off, ya know we've known one another a year and been official for half that" I kissed her

"Aw Harry you remember. You're so sweet, I love you"

"Of course I do, baby"
How could I forget the best thing to happen in my life?

"Of course we can then, let me get changed, ok.

Sam got around, got ready. We soon left going to a place not to far away, it wasn't really dinner but a bit earlier I guess. It was good though.

Sam ordered a chicken noodle something that she wanted. I ordered a steak. I'd gotten a bottle of wine. I didn't get though why my girl seemed a bit nervous to drink the wine with me, since we were sorta celebrating us.

Suddenly her phone started ringing. She looked at it but didn't answer. Then it started again, she looked anxious. I said "who is it baby?" Sam said "it's my dad". I said "if he's calling like that, maybe you should answer it" she just looked at me with a strange look, then said "Harry, I got a weird feeling, I'm scared. Can you answer it, please?" as it started to ring yet again.

"Hello"

The voice on the other side said "hello uh is this Samantha's line?"

"Yes it is, can I help you?"

"This is her father, Scott. I'm trying to reach her, uh her mother is in the hospital"

"Oh, uh hold on just a moment sir"

"Sam, baby you need to talk with him, it's about your mom"

Sam

We were out to eat, I wasn't feeling the best. Harry had ordered wine to celebrate, I really didn't want any, but I didn't want to disappoint him. So I gave in, sipping slowly. That's when my heart felt heavy when my phone kept ringing, it was my dad ringing me. I knew something had to be wrong.

I thought if I didn't answer it would be ok, I know that's not how things work, but I could wish. He kept calling though.

Harry asked who it was and once I'd told him, he said I should probably answer it. I had to tell him at that point I felt weird and I was scared, then asked if he would get it.

What I wasn't ready for though is him telling me "I needed to talk to my dad as it was about my mom" I thought I'd be sick, but I  took the phone...

"Hello, dad"

"Sam, I'm sorry to call like this, but, uh..your mom she's been put into the hospital. I think if possible, can you come see her? She's been kinda stressing since you left. I know you call and all, you sound good, it's just she's concerned you know..."

"Dad, I'll be there. I'll leave in the morning. She's going to be ok right?"

"I believe so baby girl. She'd  love to see you for herself though I'm sure. Just to assure herself you're indeed ok. It's been a year afterall"

"I know dad. It might take a day or so, but I'll be there. I love you guys"

"We love you too Sam, see you soon"

With that I hung up.

I turned to Harry, "will you go back home with me, please? My mom's in the hospital and I'm not sure I'm in the best state to drive it myself"

"Of course baby, I don't even want you thinking about going by yourself. I'm here for you always"

Harry called for the waitress. "Can we get boxes please?"

She boxed up our meals and we headed out. We made our calls once getting to the apartment to let our jobs know we had an emergency and had to leave town. We packed up a bag, ready to go in the morning.

Soon after I felt completely drained. I don't know what's gotten into me lately. Not much energy, feeling sick, I'm getting light headed. I just want to lay down, Harry did so as well. Telling me how much he loves me and it's all going to be ok. He held me as I leaned back against him, hearing his heart beat and drifted off to sleep. I love falling asleep in his arms, I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know what you think and hit the ☆ and share