One

Cyan Rising One

Alex was worried. So many things could go wrong with today, so many possibilities to take into account. However, his parents didn't factor them in, nope, not even close. They were the kind of people that fly ten feet in front of the seat of their pants and then took a vacation to let the poor fabric catch up to their bum. It was an unfortunate lifestyle which usually ended up putting some kind of burden on their only child, as he had to bear the brunt of their weird hobbies.

This time they want him to go to school, and not just any school. His school, the one they named after him- the one that they gave to him for his eighth birthday.

Yeah. His birthday present was a school. Awesome right? (Note the sarcasm you can't hear because this is written and not spoken.) He owned this school; he ran it, funded it, did everything involving it. The only thing he hasn't done for Alekzandr Academy was step foot into it. Never even seen the damn building up close. Sure he had a perfectly good view from his house, but his house was twenty miles to the west of his city while the Academy was on its southwestern border, putting a good fifty miles between the two. So he could see the school, but it looked like a toy house from his bedroom window.

He split up the revenue gathered from his city's monthly income, putting sixty-four percent back and taking the other thirty-six percent for the Academy. He used the money for upgrades to the building, replacing broken equipment, paying the faculty, and just overall funding the place. That was the way things had been ran ever since he had taken ownership of the old cathedral.

However, things were going to change today. His mother and father (bless their hippie hearts) wanted him to attend for a while and make friends.

Make friends. That was literally the one condition. Alex didn't know how to make friends! He wasn't even sure he wanted those things near him! What if the were contagious? Eww no! He can't make friends! Friends could have diseases and infections and probably didn't wash their hands. No. Thank. You. Sir.

Nevertheless, he was walking towards the looming black and white marble building the very next morning. As Alex drew closer and closer he felt the energy grow. The heat of so many Revitalist Souls gathered in one place was certainly putting out some pressure. However he continued on and soon he was walking up the black granite staircase leading into the entrance hall. He had informed the board the afternoon before of his enrollment and requested that they not mention his status in the school. After all, he didn't come to learn, he was only agreeing to this plan because he came to the conclusion that it would be good to see first hand how his school functioned.

He could feel each and every stare digging into his skin questioningly as he strolled through the oak doors. He emerged into the front commons area and looked around at the interior, immediately noticing the black paint on the walls that could be removed to expose the brick and make the already cavernous area appear even larger.

The sharp clicking of hurried footsteps caught his attention and he looked up to see the on-campus director walking briskly in his direction. She was wearing the straightest pencil skirt in existence with a tailored, plum button up tucked into its hem, along with a bright smile.

"You must be Alex!" She held out a manicured hand for him to shake. He took a second to examine her fingers warily before clasping them in his own for a quick second.

'I don't know if I must be, but luckily I am. And you are?' She frowned slightly at the telekinesis, but wisely left it alone.

"I'm Aliza, the on-site director. Pleasure to meet you." Alex simply smiled and walked past her (wiping his hand on his pants leg discretely), heading to where he remembered the elevator to the conference floor being installed, and she turned and followed after him. As he approached he sent a subtle vibe through the floor to open the titanium doors. They stepped inside and he turned to the director, noticing that he had to tilt his head slightly back to look into her eyes. Damnit.