3. A Hunter's Oath

Zero's PoV

Entering the Headmaster's house my body slumps against the stairwell. My hands grasp my head as I try and push the monster deep within me away. For once it is not Yuki's scent pushing me over the edge like always...no its this mysterious new girl.

"Who are you...." I whisper as I force myself to climb the stairs in search of her.

The closer I get the stronger her scent hits me like a drug. Hearing footsteps up ahead I force myself to run, turning the corner I can't stop in time as I collide right into the very person I was looking for.

"Ahh!" She cries out as she falls backwards with me landing right on top of her.

"My dear are you alright!" Headmaster Cross asks her in a worried voice. "Zero...what are you doing here? You should be patrolling with Yuki." He scolds me.

My desire to taste her disappears as I feel how ice cold she is. Pushing my body up my eyes gaze into her pink ones. Her wet pink hair falls around her on the floor, She is simple irresistible. From her alluring scent down to her beauty. My eyes stay locked on hers until I can hear the sound of her heart beat start to race.

The beating causes my eyes to travel down from her eyes to her porcelain ivory neck. I take a deep gulp as I picture myself devouring her.

"Zero..." Headmaster Cross coughs out. "would you mind getting off of Miss Hirose now...." My thoughts are broken as I look at her with wide eyes.

"Sorry..." I quickly get off of her and I see her start to shiver. "Your so cold..." I offer her my hand which she takes and I pull her up from the hard floor.

"Thanks..." She whispers as she hugs her freezing cold body.

"Come dear...you must get warmed up before you get sick." Headmaster Cross wraps his arm around her slender shaking shoulder and leads her off down the hallway.

As I stand there watching her walk away she glances back at me. For just a moment I can't control myself and my eyes flash red craving her so badly.

...

Standing outside of the guest bedroom my hands and forehead rest against the door. I can hear her breathing inside and my hands turn into fists.

"Zero! What do you think you are doing?"

Turning around the Headmaster walks towards me. I slump my shoulders and drop my head in shame. "I'm sorry. Its just..."

"Yagari told me...he called to warn me to keep an eye on you." He looks sad as he looks to the door. "Is she truly in danger here?"

"There is something about her...her scent is..." My voice trails off as I take a deep breath, causing me to inhale her luscious scent as I do. "I don't think I should be near her...." Forcing myself away from the door my hands are clenched into fists.

"Zero..." The Headmaster places his hand on my shoulder. "You need to believe in your strengths."

"I thought it was hard to control before..." I whisper, "I haven't even met her properly and already I want.....to...." I lick my lips and my hands fly to my head as I stumble backwards hitting the wall. My body trembles needing to know what she tastes like. "Damn it! no! I wont do it...."

"Stay strong Zero and take these to help." Headmaster Cross hands me a case of blood tablets.

"Those don't help me...." I push them away. "Only one thing will subdue my cravings...and it is the one thing I refuse to ever do."

"Maybe you should return to your dorm for the rest of the evening..."

"I can't. I know someone will show up here looking for her. I promised Yagari to keep her safe from them."

"And from yourself..." He turns and starts to walk down the hallway. "Just stay in your room here tonight Zero."

I watch him walk down the hall leaving me alone to control my dark desires. I go to leave when I hear her soft voice speak out in sadness and pain.

"Mom...Dad...Anne........" She sounds so broken. "Why did I have to loose you all....." I walk to the door and place the palm of my hand flat against it. "Fate.....How is this fate..." Is the last thing I hear her whisper through her tears.

I have yet to learn why this girl is here...But now I want to know everything about her.

...

Back in my room in the Headmasters house I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling. For the first time in forever I finally have my mind thinking of someone who is not Yuki. I love Yuki...or at least I thought I loved her. Maybe this whole time what I thought was love towards her was just the desire to taste her. But now I don't wish to know what she tastes like...I need to know what this new girl tastes like.

I close my eyes and I remember falling on top of her and being taken with her beauty. Her pink soft flowing hair to her pink eyes. Her ivory soft skin.....Her heartbeat, The pulsing of her blood running through her body...

I bolt up in bed grabbing my head with my hands. "No Zero...stop." I go to lay back down again when I sense someone else in the house. I jump up from my bed and grab my silver gun, the Bloody Rose and place it in my pocket.

As I near her room I already know who is lurking in the hallway. I walk around the corner and raise my gun. "Stay the hell away from her...you will not touch her.." I growl out.

"Now now Zero, I am not doing anything wrong..." He chuckles as his shoulder length brown hair falls across his face.

"Yuki is not here Kaname....So get lost." I say through gritted teeth.

"I am not here to see Yuki." He turns his eyes on the girls door. "It seems she is causing quite the stir for the Night Class...Though I think you know very well what I mean...don't you Zero?"

"Shut up and get out of here Kuran..."

"I wish to not start a fight...like I said I was just curious. She smells extremely delicious....I bet she tastes wonderful...." He smirks at me as my hand grasps at my neck. "How much longer can you resist the urges to feed...especially now with her here." He turns and starts to walk away. "Have a good night Zero."

"I don't want to see you anywhere near her again!" I yell after him.

He freezes and spins to face me. "We will see....That will be her choice to make after all. Wont it?" Then I watch him disappear around the corner as I place my gun back in my pocket.

I stand there frozen until I hear a noise from inside her room. I stare at it with wide eyes as the door opens and she peaks her head out.

Her eyes meet mine and I am speechless gazing at her. "What was the yelling all about?" She asks in an angelic voice. I find myself having to take a step away from her as my hand turns into a fist.

"Sorry........" I blurt out. "It was nothing...." I turn to leave when she reaches out and grabs my hand. I freeze as I squeeze my eyes shut trying desperately to keep control of my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" she asks me.

I pull my hand from hers and storm down the hall. "I'm fine...." I growl out through clenched teeth while my hands form fists. I hear her reenter her room and shut the door. I make it back to my room in one piece....just barely though.

"Damn it!" I raise my fist and punch the wall hard causing my fist to make a hole in it. "I need to stay far away from her......" I whisper as I collapse to the floor.

...