Part 5

Ron was confused and turned around to see Hermione standing there looking incredibly awestruck. By now Harry had walked away leaving Ron and Hermione alone in the hallway. Ron began to slightly panic thinking what had she heard and what he should do. Although a lot of Ron told him he shouldn't tell her how he felt something inside him told him take her outside.
"Ummm Mione do you want to go on a walk......?"
Ron asked in a sheepish tone and the redness of his face was definitely showing. Hermione looked into his deep ocean blue eyes searching for what he was thinking but when she hadn't seen much in his eyes she simply said,
"Sure."
And so they were off Ron walked Hermione to the small lake near his house where his family often swam or simply sat and talked. After arriving at the lake Ron gestured for hermione to sit down with him on the rocks that outlooked the lake. Ron began to speak not daring to look into hermione's chocolate brown eyes which were glowing with little specks of gold in the sunlight in fear he'd either kiss her right there and then or panic and stop talking,
"Hermione, I'm going to tell you something that may ruin our friendship but I hope it doesn't. Mione I-I-I fancy you like a lot. Your so beautiful on the inside and out. I know I used to tease about being such a know it all but now I look at it and I'm utterly amazed that one person can be so smart yet soooo sassy when she wants to be. And I know I can be a git sometimes and I'm probably much too stupid and too fat and too poor but I had to tell you how I feel and honestly Mione I've fancied you since we were kids but now I know I love you Hermione and I know you don't love me back but I do really truly love you...."
At the end of Ron talking he was crying soft tears of pain knowing Hermione would say she was flattered but sorry she didn't love him. Hermione turned Ron's face towards hers and looked into his eyes seeing his pain his hurt and more than anything his desire to be loved. Hermione felt that because that was exactly how she felt, she was scared to love in fear of rejection. Hermione began to talk quietly yet audible,
"Ronald first I'm very flattered."
Ron knew he was about to be rejected but Hermione continued to talk regardless of Ron turning his head away to hide his tears. He couldn't bare to look into her eyes knowing what she was going to say next.
"To be completely honest when I met you I hated you, you teased me you hurt me but still we grew to become friends. In fourth year sure I was flattered to go with Vikor but deep down I was really hoping you'd ask me and when you didn't I figured well why would he want to go with me anyway I'm just the ugly nerd girl. Then fifth year came and I realized I definitely fancied you. Again I assumed you'd never like me and say we'll never be more than friends so I shut myself off from love too scared to not be loved back. And I'm sorry I've made you feel for some reason not good enough but Ron you are so so much more than Harry Potters friend your cunning, sweet, caring, loyal, handsome, brave,and so much more. And you not being from the rich family isn't important you and your family have something money can't buy, you have love. No matter how many times you've yelled and screamed at each other when it matters most you all have each other's backs. And that's important. So I guess what I'm trying to say is Ronald Billus Weasley is I love you..."