Chapter Seven

So I rewrote this chapter and it disappeared out of nowhere... literally.. so I had to go and do it again but its just not the same... I'm sorry... I failed myself.  I had it saved to google docs... 

"We're being attacked by wolves who hate the human race. The Red Moon Pack has a long history of wars with humans and think every human deserves to die. They caught both yours and Lane's scent and they want to kill you both. Mark and Markus were on good terms with them, they didn't bother us nor us them, but now they want to kill their mate and that peace treaty is done. Broken. The twins won't have it with others wanting to cause harm unto you." Terry explained to me as my heart races, my stomach feels weird and I can't breath properly. I was terrified. "They care more about you than anything." Terry went back to Lane down the stairs. To be with the pups and Lane. Decided I didn't want to be left alone I went down with him.

Terry standing protectively over little pups and Lane. Lane was just playing along with them.

"Sir, relax please." I heard a deep voice demand me. I look and see yet another overgrown puppy. "My name is Miguel. Mark and Markus ordered I come and look after you."

"Why don't you go and fight with them! They need all the help they could get." I snapped. My emotions were all over the place.

"The twins are able to fight. As long as they are together, they look out for each other." Miguel reassured me. "They need you more safe than themselves." I sighed silently and went up the stairs again wanting to be alone. Curiosity got the best of me and I continued up more stairs and reached the highest point of the mansion. I stepped closer to the large window.

"Ever since they were little they would always tend each other's wounds. Their mother and father were a little strict and would rather they learn how to survive on their own. When Mark would get hurt hunting and start crying Markus would growl and warn all of us to leave until Mark calmed down. Mark and Markus were the soon to be Alphas so they guided us, the next generation of the pack. They were our leaders." Miguel was trying to distract me from the terror that was going on outside.

As I learned more about them I remembered my little brother.. My little Kelly.

"Mark.." I felt like yelling when I saw another wolf sneak up behind him. "No-" Suddenly there was a crack against the window, I looked and saw it was aimed to point my head. Miguel grabbed my arm and put me behind him then turned with his body blocking mine. I felt tears coming down my eyes.

I couldn't imagine anything happening to them. Losing two people that I am coming to love just hurts. By thinking about it. I already lost somebody in my life. It's like losing Lane. If I ever lost my best friend I wouldn't be able to function. My days would drag on and on with no end of the pain.

But right now all I could think about was Mark and Markus.

They were slowly making me fall for them but I couldn't. I didn't want to get hurt by losing them to a fight with wolves. I tried not to think about it but it was impossible.

All I could imagine was the image of my little brother I had lost a while back. He died in a similar situation and it made me want to cry. Losing somebody else I loved in the same way I lost my brother.

I imagined them wrapped around me. The warmth of their bodies bringing me comfort. "Please tell me they'll be okay." I mumbled to none in particular.

"Those two are too stubborn to die. Especially now that they found you. No need to worry Kale. They will pull through. Sure they will have some broken bones and scratches, they will come back but only because they know you're here. Waiting for them." Miguel smirked. "Young love."

I just listened to him talking about Mark and Markus. It sure calmed me down knowing that they'd have each other's back. "Tell me about them." I demanded.

"I grew up with Mark and Markus and they were always secluded, pushing everyone else away from them both. The only time I ever seen them happy was when they were spending time with their parents.. Which was rare.. Time passed and they kept to themselves. Then they began acting weird. Holding hands and glaring at anyone who dared to stare at them weirdly. Both of them began being more open about their relationship. Their parents disapproved but came to accept them. Also the whole pack.. They had no choice anyways. Mark and Markus were mates.

Then their moods suddenly did a 360 and they were smiling, laughing and giving everyone less of a hard time... they met their other half. You. They love you more than anything in the world.. Right now they are fighting for that right to be with you. They wanted me to come here and protect you. They'll hate me if they see you're a mess..." Suddenly I felt a sting in my arm and look up at him.. "Sleep." Everything went black.