Will Power

Will freezes and he stares at Garth and then me in the water. Garth smirks at me with his arms crossed over his chest. If only looks could kill. I push away from ledge and start treading in the middle of little pond. I look at Will giving him a look to just stay still.

            “Why don’t you come out?” Garth says. I shake my head. My legs were tired and my body was sore, but was not going to get out. Garth sighs. “If you don’t come out, then I will come in love.” He says. Will growls and steps forward. Garth smiles and turns around.

            “You must be her other half. We never really officially met.” Garth says to Will. I start creeping closer to the edge, readying myself to push up. Will steps forward and Mortain, for once, does not disappear at the face of danger.

            “You leave Estelle alone.” Will says. Garth actually laughs and he steps closer to Will. I quickly pull myself out of the water and tackle Garth. We fall to the ground and Will starts to rush towards us.

            “NO!” Garth yells and all of a sudden, a huge ring of glowing lights circle around us. Will continues running and bounces backwards when he hits the ring of lights. I look at Garth and he pushes me over.

            “What did you do?” I yell. I look over to my right briefly. The pack with the stone in it was still there, but in the circle with Garth and I. I had to make sure that he didn’t get that bag.

            “This battle is between you and I milady.” Garth says wickedly. I get into a defensive stance. I felt the necklace that the summer Queen gave me. It was warm against my chest and it was my power to use against Garth. 

            “I can’t wait to kill you.” I say giving him a death glare. I was born for this moment. To rid Garth of the world and to get the stone back safe and sound. Garth just laughs.

            “I will wound you and I will make you watch me kill your mate and then I will kill you.” He says. I look at Will. He was my love and he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my long life with. I wanted to have children with him and run the pack alongside him. I feel the sword that Indra gave me. I felt the power of the sword and the necklace running through my body. I had power in my side but so did Garth. I had to smart and cunning with him. I drew out my sword and it shone brightly in the sun.

            Estelle. I love you. Will sends me the message. I look at him briefly and he looked so worried. I could feel the frustration he was feeling. He could do nothing but watch me fight. He could not help me. Before I could say anything back, Garth charge forward. He brought his own large blue icicle looking sword down on mine. The clash of metal to metal made my ears ring. I jumped back and whipped my sword in a circle trying to disarm him, but I did nothing. Garth took a stab at me, but I moved to the right just in time.

            We went at it for many minutes, but we seemed to be evenly matched. I wondered why he wasn’t using any of his fey magic on me. I twisted around and the blade swung cleanly and all I got was his clothes. The bottom half of Garth’s shirt ripped. I smirked and Garth looked up at me.

            “You are getting closer.” Garth says. I roll my eyes at him. Garth steps forward and his sword swings high and duck but I feel the blade graze my cheek. I stumble backwards. I feel warm liquid oozing down my face. Garth laughs.

            “And I am first to draw blood.” Garth says walking up to me. I kick my feet and trip him. He falls to the ground and I jump on top of him. I put the blade to his throat. I just start screaming—just at him and what he put my through.