This It It.

Tom always thought about how life would be if Louisa wasn’t his daughter or if he never had a child, but sometimes he just pushes the thought out of his head and mentally thanks himself for at least creating such a beautiful and wonderful daughter like Louisa. He never really paid mind to Cher.

Who cares? As long as Louisa is happy with me, that is all that matters, he thinks to himself.

That took him back to what Ashlee suggested. She wanted to practice making a child with Tom. Was he ready for another kid to be in his life? He had the skills for it, but this baby wouldn’t be grown up already, the baby would be just starting his/her life.

The plane ride felt like forever, but Louisa and Tom arrived in America in no time, and found out that Cher Lloyd’s next show was going to be in New York. All Louisa could think about was that talk with Tom the night before. He wasn’t his usual happy self, he was…serious.

Tom tucked Louisa into bed, and down on the edge of it. “Lou, I wish you would’ve told me.”

“Told you what?” She asked quietly.

“About whom your mom was. I went through all that trouble for nothing,” Tom said.

Louisa frowned. “Why should I? It wouldn’t matter. It’s not like if you met her she’d just randomly want to care for me anymore.”

Tom’s face also fell to a frown as he felt bad for what he said. He hated not knowing something, or having to solve something. He just wanted to know right then and there.

Tom found a hotel that he and Louisa could stay at for a day or two if needed, so they could at least get some sleep and still be able to see Cher.

“Do we really have to do this, dad?” Louisa whined. “I don’t want to see her nor do I want to be here. I could be playing dolls with Max!”

Tom sighed. “Yes Lou, we do. You need to learn that you won’t always get to do what you want, okay? I just want to make this right.” He held his arms out for a hug, but Louisa stood there staring at him. Tom frowned at his daughter’s reluctance.

“I’m going to take a nap,” Louisa said and climbed into her bed.

This is going to be a long day, Tom thought.

While Louisa was still napping, Tom took this as an opportunity to call Ashlee to see how she was doing since she decided to stay behind. Tom thought that she may still be angry at him for carelessly sleeping with Cher and having to be the father of her baby.

“Hello?” she said sleepily.

“Hey love, are you asleep?”

“Yeah…it’s like 10 pm here, Tom. What is it?”

Tom laughed at himself. He forgot all about the time difference. It wasn’t 6 pm in England like it was in the U.S.

“Oh sorry, I forgot. I just wanted to check on you. Lou is napping.”

Ashlee smiles a little. “Aw bless, she must be tired. What are you planning on doing tomorrow?”

Tom sighed. “Well…we have our backstage passes so we’ll hopefully meet….Cher.”

“Oh…um, I hope that goes well.”

There was a long silence before Tom spoke. “Just know that I love you, and meeting her will not mess up what we are now, okay?”

“I know, Tom, I know. I love you.”

“I love you too, Ash.”

They hung up and Louisa woke up from her nap once Tom started to change into his normal pajamas.