Ending of a Great Day

Bella came out of the room looking for us. Kiran and I hid behind the closet door. I felt my heart thumping loudly. Bella ran into the room we were hiding in, and ran out when she didn’t see us.

We quietly walked out of the closet when Bella popped infront of our faces saying, “BOO!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed and ran around in circles knocking Kiran down in the process.

“Dude. Shut up.” Bella’s voice broke me out of my hysteria.

My mom picked that moment to walk into the room and tell me we were leaving. I hopped down the stairs, and stuck my tongue out at my sister. She grabbed my shoes from the doorway and ran out the door with one in each hand.

“She took my shoes!” I whined to my mom.

My mom said, “Stop whining, and go get them from her.”

I ran after her, almost ran into a tree, and managed to grab her hoodie. She easily slipped the hoodie off her shoulders. I dropped it on the ground and pounced on her. She yelled out as I tickled my shoes out of her hands.

I yelled, “YEAH! I GOT THEM! BEAT THAT SUCKER!”

My mom gave me a look that could make people run away. That’s exactly what I did. I ran over to the car, and locked myself inside. I waited for the rest of my family, and realized that my mom would probably be getting carried away with every goodbye that slipped out of her mouth.

I opened the car door and yelled, “Mama! You can talk later! I want to go home!”

My parents and my sister reluctantly came and sat inside the car. After pulling out of the driveway, my mom started gossiping about every single person inside the house.

“Did you know that Cindy got a condo in New York?”

“Prandan said that his son was going to go and volunteer in Uganda in order to help people who have contracted HIV.”

The jabbering went on and on until my sister’s cry of, “Can we put the music on?” started up. She repeated the phrase until Justin Timberlake’s Senorita answered her plea. Her face contorted once again.

She yelled, “Ewww!!!! What is this? I WANT REAL MUSIC! I WANT REAL MUSIC!”

I said, “Shut up Michu. No one cares about what you want.”

She was quiet for the rest of the ride home, but she kept trying to poke me in the stomach.

I had to suppress myself from running inside the house to get away from her when the car was parked in the garage.

I walked into this and thought, “Time to get back to my boring life."