Abracadabara

"Witchs and wizards?"I asked cautiously.

"Yes , Anastasia. You're a witch."

To say I was shocked was like saying tomatoes are purple. A witch? Me? As in abracadabra !boom! a rabbit pops out of a hat? The most magic I had ever done was the 'make a coin disappear' trick!

As if reading my mind, she explained, "Witches and wizards attend a wizarding school at the age of eleven to start their first year of magic. Hogwarts is one of the best. Students normally receive a letter, explaining what you need to buy for school when it starts and the basic fact that you're magical. You are one of what we call muggleborns. Muggle being the word for non-magical people.I will organize for Hagrid, our gamekeeper at Hogwarts to come and pick you up on the thirteenth to take you to Diagon Alley where you can buy all your supplies as well as your wand.Term starts September the first," Looking at my gawking face she added ," I know it is a lot to take in, but please try to understand. Have you had any moments when weird things happen around you? This would be called your accidental magic. You'll learn more on your journey.I must go now , but ,here - your letter and a list of kids your age that are coming to Hogwarts. You can ask them any questions, discuss things, make friends . Just get used to the idea."

By the end of it all , I was on lying on my bed trying to grasp it all. Yeah ,some of it made sense , I do remember a few times during school when I was playing a prank and- hold on, what about school? "What about my school?"

"That has all been taken care of, you are no longer attending."

"Oh. Okay. Uhhhh, thanks?" What was I supposed to say?!

She gave me a fond smile that I found myself liking and said "Goodbye, Miss Blue."

"Hey! I told you, it'a Anastasia!" I yelled, but she had already gone. The only thing she'd left behind was the papers and a lingering 'crack' sound from her - what was it? Appearing?

This was all so strange, could I really be one of the mythical creatures talked about in fairytales? Are there others like me? What about the old lady, Minerva, was she a witch too?Would that make her a hag?

Was this one of those times in the stories where I get dragged off, told that I'll never see my family again and then put in a tube for scientific examinations?! Okay, so maybe that was a bit over the top. I wonder if I get a hat, a broom and a black cat. I always wanted a pet, but mum was allergic to fur and my brother had had a traumatizing experience with birds.

I guess this witch thing could be fun. If it wasn't just some nutty lady who stalks me.

But there was a truth in the lady's eyes that just said ' I am your friend , you can trust me' so I figure, why not? If it doesn't work out then who cares?! I can come back here. Be a loner, buy a goldfish and steal some chalk to draw on the park's walk way with.

Jolting back to reality, I ran my fingers through my hair and walked over to where I kept my toothbrush.

After I was all ready, and only tripping up once on my already extremely messy floor, I started humming along to one of my favourite songs and dance routines.

Humming along to the start , I jumped down and out of my 'house' and onto the soft grass. Finding a space void of little kids , I got into the starting position for the dance I had to do one year back at my old dance school 'Steps'. I have been dancing for over seven years now and love it. Any type of music; whether it was singing or dancing was - in my opinion - amazing.

Before we had darling little Nate, my mum would call me her 'artistic little peanut'. I am a creative kid and even at the age of 11, have bested in experienced artistic competitions.