Chapter 4

I can't wait to get to school each day

And wait for you to pass my way

And bells start to ring and angels start to sing

Hey that's the girl for you (ooh, yeah)

So what are you gonna do (ooh, baby)

- Jackson 5

~~Dominic~~

"Alright y'all, so I just got word that there is this sweet ass back to school party going on and we are all invited. We going or what?" Andie reaches our table smiling big and sits down next to Darnell. Sydney is not with her though and I start to wonder where she could be. I find myself taking glances around the cafeteria hoping to catch her eye and I stop myself. Even though I barely know Sydney, I have really enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about her over the past two weeks.

"Hell yea we are going!" Mitchell says this while trying to grab one of Andie's bags of chips.

"Ah ah, stop it! Don't get cut!" She swats Mitchell's hand away and he pulls it back looking hurt.

"Come on, you have like ten bags over there!"

"Don't trip, it is only four! Two of them are for Sydney anyways!" At the mention of her name I start to ask where she is but Danny beats me to the punch.

"Speaking of Sydney, where is she?" Danny asks without fear and I kick myself for letting him beat me to the punch. I do want to hear Andie's answer because I have not seen her all morning. She was not in english, math, or history class today.

"She has been in the office all morning helping with shit I do not care about, but her lucky ass got to miss all the boring classes of the day. Well she still has to go to science, but hey she is still lucky."

"Hey y'all." Sydney walks up and sets her stuff onto the table. I give her entire body a glance over. I always like to see what she has decided to wear for the day. I told her I like her style, it's like simple and does not make her stand out too much but still makes her look really good. Today she has chosen a skirt, a half shirt that shows her belly a little bit, and some sandals. I would have never guessed that she would be the type to have a belly ring, but it fits her and adds this touch of sexy that makes me feel a little warm.

"Damn girl, your mom let you get your belly pierced too? See, this is why I am so ready to get mine, because that piercing looks so good on you! Can I touch it?" Sydney scrunches up her face at Andie.

"Ew girl, no!" She shakes her head laughing a little and sits down. Her eyes catch mine across the table a little and she gives me a small smile. I wink back and I can tell she can't help but blush a little. My mom used to always tell me that I am a flirt, but with Sydney it comes natural. Her smile is very beautiful and I like to make it appear as much as possible.

"Ugh, well here! I got you some chips." She drops the two bags in front of Sydney and, in return, is given a big hug.

"Thank you! You are the best, I am starving." She instantly pops one of the bags open and momentarily the rest of us do not exist.

"Where have you been though? Been skipping class haven't you?" She plays hurt by Danny's question.

"Danny, how dare you? I am a good child, but I have been in the office."

"So you swear you are a good child but you have been in the office?" Darnell is giving her that "girl please" look.

"It's not even like that. It probably would have been better if I was in trouble though because they had me filling out all this useless paper work. Half of this information I don't even know."