Chapter Thirteen - Guy

I'm in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast when I hear James coming down the stairs. He's wearing my Polaroid T-Shirt and my ripped black skinny jeans. He didn't pack any extra clothes so I let him borrow mine. It's not his usual style, but he looks good in anything.

"What are you staring at, Nelson?" he says.

I snap out of my trance and turn my attention back to mixing the pancake batter, "Nelson?"

"Yeah, I figured I should start calling you something different."

"You do know you could just call me babe or something, right?"

"Hearing someone say babe makes me cringe."

"That's a shame," I say before poking his nose, "Babe."

James blushes, "I suppose it's not so bad when you say it."

I chuckle, "I knew you'd come around."

I pour some of the pancake mixture into the frying pan. I attempt to concentrate but the door swings wide open. I turn around to see Spencer enter the house.

"You know you could have knocked, right?" I ask him.

"Nice to see you too," he teases, "I figured it was easier to use my key."

"Are you calling me slow?"

"I dunno, am I?" asks Spencer, grinning.

I shake my head and try and focus on the pancakes.

"That's nice shirt James, I could have sworn I've seen it before... and the jeans," says Spencer.

I take the pancake I've been cooking off of the frying pan and turn the stove off, I can't concentrate.

"James didn't pack any spare clothes," I reply.

Spencer just nods and I can tell he knows what's going on.

"I'll leave you two to eat breakfast," he says, heading upstairs.

I turn the stove back on and begin to cook another pancake.

"What was all that about? You don't think he knows, do you?" asks James.

"I think he does, it's pretty obvious."

James chuckles, "Yeah, it is..." he pauses for a second, "Do you think he'll be accepting?"

"I dunno. I've never really talked to him about my sexuality before. I don't see why he'd have a problem with it though."

James looks concerned.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him about it later. I'm sure it'll be fine," I reassure him.

Deep down, however, I'm not so sure.

-----------------------------------

Once James has gone home I knock on Spencer's door and he tells me to come in. He's sitting on his bed playing games on his laptop.

"Hey," I mumble.

"Hey, what's up?" he says, not looking up from his laptop.

"I think we should talk."

Spencer closes his laptop immediately, he looks just as worried as I am.

"Is everything okay? I was only messing around earlier, I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's okay it's just... well I think you know what's going on."

"Yeah, I think so too. Come here," says Spencer, patting the spot beside him.

I take a seat next to him.