after: getting wilder

Hey, guys! It's been almost a month since I last updated... I've been occupied with a couple of things (work, study, etc), so I hope you'll understand :( I'll try to update again next week, but I can't quite guarantee yet... I'm currently doing a program to become a Chartered Accountant (yes, I'm working to become an accountant xD), and I've been quite behind on my studies... But anyways, here's chapter 11. It's quite short in comparison to the other chapter, and this is more like a filler for what will come next. Hope you guys will enjoy reading this, and see you all very soon! :)

Chapter 11

After: Getting Wilder

Song: Slide Away by Miley Cyrus

I stood in the lobby with the bouquet of daisies scrunched in one hand, waiting. As the day continued, the hospital was bustling with more people, but even though I was a part of the crowd, I still felt exposed, unsafe. As the clock ticked, I tapped the ground with my shoe anxiously and looked at the watch strapped on my wrist. The person who I had asked to pick me up was late.

Tired of waiting, I decided to sit in one of the long benches, right next to the double doors. Bored, I was tempted to scroll to social media when a news coverage on TV hanging from the wall attracted my attention.

Breaking news.

An active explosive was found in a local mall, a few meters from the location where the International Film Festival is going to be held this Saturday. The technician who came after reports of a leakage found the contraption attached near the pipes on the 3rd floor of the building. The police had come to detonate the bomb, and the area is currently closed for investigation. While the police have yet to determine a suspect, the authorities is currently inspecting the only piece of evidence left behind: a broken red nail.

I shook my head. The world kept getting more dangerous day by day. It was fortunate that the bomb didn't explode. Being located near the pipes meant that it may be exposed to harsher vibrations. If it wasn't found earlier, hundreds of mall visitors could have lost their lives. The thought made me shudder.

We advise that citizens avoid the area in the meantime

My phone buzzed unexpectedly, and I jumped from my seat. I was certain that my ride has arrived. Rushing to the pick up area, I was about to answer the call when a black hatchback car came skidding through the front entrance, leaving trails of wheel marks on the ground, and stopped abruptly in front of me. The screeching sound of the tires made everyone turn their head in surprise. Narrowing my eyes, I turned my head away, embarrassed by his entrance.

"Belle, hurry and get in!" the owner of the vehicle insisted, gesturing with his hands to for me to come in.

Suddenly, all annoyed eyes landed on me. With cheeks flushed, I ran towards the car and threw myself inside. "Hey, what's with that entrance," I mentioned grumpily. He opened his mouth to challenge me, but I quickly brushed the conversation away. "Let's leave first, then talk," I whispered before gesturing towards the crowd that was still idly watching us. With one step on the accelerator, the car released a roar, and in a blink of an eye, the hospital disappeared in the distance.

"You got it again, the flowers," he said as he glanced at the bouquet resting on my lap.

Blood drained from my face. "Yeah, and I now know who gave them," I answered.

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and stared straight ahead on the road. The highway was packing with speeding cards in the middle of the day. "Really, so who's been giving you the flowers?" he questioned calmly.

For a moment, I hesitated to tell him the truth, especially since he was driving. Nonetheless, I took one breath and cleared my throat. "The Wilders."