Chapter 66

„Presents!", the kids screamed once Lucy had put away her guitar again. Everyone laughed.

"Okay!", Rossi said, clapping his hands. And then the big exchange of presents started. Of course, the kids were the first ones to get theirs and they were all extremely excited about it and squeals were heard from those who had already unwrapped some of their presents. Lucy sat there on the couch, snuggled up in Spencer's arms, and just watched those scenes. It was a pleasure to see all these kids with sparkling eyes and huge smiles on their faces. And she almost forgot, that she had a present for Spencer too. She got up from her place to go to the three and grab it for him.

"What's that?", Spencer asked with a slight smile.

"Just open it", Lucy answered, shrugging. She then watched him ripping away the paper. His eyes widened.

"Lucy!", he exclaimed and she laughed. Diana, Luke and his parents were coming over to see what was going on. With a beaming smile, Spencer held up a Doctor Who themed coffee-to-go-mug and some of his favorite coffee.

"There's something in the mug, except for the coffee", Lucy softly said and waited for him to discover it. In the mug, she'd placed a picture of her and him. It was her favorite one: taken at one of Rossi's little parties. They were standing in the living room; Spencer behind Lucy and he had wrapped his arms around her waist. She'd placed her hands on his arms and they were both laughing into the camera.

Spencer slowly looked up from the picture. He obviously didn't know what to say, so Lucy leaned in and quickly kissed him. "You can take that with you whenever you have to leave for a case, if you want", she whispered against his lips and the next second, she found herself in a tight embrace.

"It's wonderful. Thank you so much", Spencer murmured before he kissed her again. Lucy grinned. Mission accomplished. He loved his presents. "Now it's my turn!", he then said and jumped from the couch. Lucy waited for him to come back and place a quite big and heavy present in her lap. Curiously, Lucy started to unwrap it and her jaw dropped at the sight of Spencer's present for her.

"Sp-Spencer, you...you...", Lucy stammered as she carefully took the seven books to have a better look at them. It was a collection of all the Harry Potter books –with brand new covers! And they were just stunning.

Spencer cleared his throat and glided a bit closer to Lucy. "Since...your Harry Potter books are literally falling apart anytime soon, I thought I'd give you new ones. I know you reread them all the time", he explained with a soft voice. Lucy looked up at him.

"Thank you", she whispered and leaned in to kiss him again. This was a beautiful present! And she secretly thought about getting those new editions for her bookstore. They would sell great, she thought.

"Alright, you two lovebirds! It's my turn now!" Penelope interrupted Spencer's and Lucy's kiss when she came over to them, sitting in between them. Spencer and Lucy exchanged an amused look. It was typical for Penelope to act like this. And they loved it.

"Penny, I told you that you shouldn't give us presents", Lucy sighed when she saw the two packages in her friend's hands.

Penelope gestured. "I know, I know! But I just couldn't resist! And now...open it!" With a beaming smile, she handed the couple her presents. Lucy couldn't help but laugh when she saw hers and then Spencer's present. He had gotten a turquoise shirt with Peter Pan's shadow on it. Under the picture there was written Her Lost Boy. Lucy had a white thank top with Tinkerbell's shadow. Next to it were the words His Tink.

"Penny, that's brilliant", Lucy grinned and her friend squealed and almost started to jump up and down because she was so happy that they liked her presents.

"When I saw them, I just had to think of you two! You both love Disney and...and well, Spencer, you somehow were a lost boy before you met Lucy and Lucy, you're...you're like a fairy, like a little Tinkerbell and you somehow saved him with your love and...I guess I should stop talking, right?" Penelope looked from Lucy to Spencer and then back again. Without saying a word, Lucy just pulled her into a tight hug. She really loved the shirts and although the possibility of her and Spencer ever wearing those in public, were very low, she knew they'd wear them at home. Oh yes, they'd do.

Sometime later, Spencer came over to Lucy, who was now talking to her parents. "Hey babe." He kissed her cheek.

"Hey. What's the matter?"

"My mom's tired. Do you mind if we'd leave?"

Lucy shook her head. "Of course, not. Just let me say goodbye to everyone and then we can go home." She hurried to hug everyone. "Mom, dad, it was so great that you came here", she said as she gave her parents hugs.

"Come back to visit us in New York soon", her dad said and the sound of his voice didn't allow Lucy to say no. She nodded.

"I will, promise." After saying goodbye to the others as well, she made her way to Spencer and Diana. They were waiting in the hallway for her.

Back home, Spencer quickly prepared the guest room for his mom who would sleep here the next two nights before Spencer would bring her back to Vegas. "Good night", Diana said with a smile before she hugged Lucy first and then Spencer. "Today has been one of the best Christmas days ever. Thank you", she quietly said and then disappeared into her room. Spencer watched her closing the door while he reached out an arm towards Lucy. She came closer and wrapped her arms around him.

"Your mom's right. This has been one of the most amazing Christmas celebrations", she murmured.

"Yeah, thanks to Rossi. He knows how to throw a party", Spencer chuckled. Lucy agreed. Rossi did know that, indeed. "Come on, let's go to bed too", Spencer said and Lucy followed him towards the bedroom. She couldn't hold back a yawn anymore now. The Christmas dinner had been amazing but now tiredness was taking over. She quickly changed into a pair of hot pants and a shirt from Spencer before brushing her teeth and then crawled under the duvet. Spencer followed her only a few minutes later.

"Guess what?", Lucy asked as she snuggled into Spencer's arms and placed her head on his chest.

"What?"

"We could wear those shirts Penelope gave us as matching PJs", she suggested and Spencer laughed out loud.

"What? When else should we wear them?", Lucy said. "Or do you plan on wearing them in public? Because if so, I'm not in for that."

Spencer laughed even more right now. "Oh, dear god, of course I wouldn't wear them in public!", he chuckled. "I just laughed because it's so typical Penelope to give us a present like that", he explained; still with a huge grin on his lips. Well, Lucy had to agree with that.

"But it's a nice present", she sighed. "Can you turn off the light, please?" Spencer did so and not even five minutes later, they'd both fallen asleep.