Chp. 2 "Unfamiliar House"

Me getting down the rope was interesting to say the least. I am not a very coordinated person sometimes,so going down the rope was a tedious task for me. The rope didn't quite touch the bottom so I had to drop an inch or two. Once I was safely on the ground. Kate came right after me with more grace then I ever could have. Kate looked at me looking worried. 

"How are we going to get past the guards and the dogs by the gate," Kate queried to me with confusion. I had already thought that through and brought some dog treats that I would give to the dogs. I also knew how to get by the guards since they switch every five hours and that five hours is coming up and no one will be there for 5 minutes during that time. 

"Don't worry I have this all taken care of," I promised with a smile. Kate didn't object just nodded and agreed. We sneaked towards the main gate trying not to make a sound to alarm the dogs and makes them bark. We were walking quietly when we heard a snap and saw that I had step on a tiny branch. 

"Shit," I cursed and quickly got out the dog treat out just in case I need to distract the dogs from barking. The dogs them came over to investigate the sound they heard. As soon as they saw us I tossed each a treat and they didn't bark and we slowly crept away while they chow down on the treats I brought them to eat. Once we were far enough away we let out a sigh of relief. We now needed to hurry before the guards came back. 

"Wait I know we can get out of here without going to the main gate," Kate suggested to me, "We can go though the secret hole in the wall." I urged her to continue. 

"Well there is this place in the wall that is covered by a bush and unless you know it's there it's not visible to the normal eye," Kate described to me. I nodded.  

"So where is this hole in the wall?" I questioned her. 

"Follow me this way," she answered. I nodded and followed. We soon came to a stop. She moved this bush and just like she said there was a hole. One by one we went through the hole with our stuff. We we're now on the other side of the stone wall. I turned around and saw nothing but dark,scary woods. My fears began to get the best of me. 

"Do where exactly is this place you live Kate?" I whispered to her. She turned to look at me, nodded for me to follow her and started going into the forest. I noticed Kate seemed to familiar with the forest, so I put my trust into her. Soon the trees looked all the same to me I had no idea where we were exactly, but Kate still seem like she knew where we were going so I still trusted her. We were walking and I heard a branch snap next to us. My mind started jumping to conclusions like if there were any wild wolfs around here that were going to eat her. Then when I heard another snap and saw a small little bunny I visibly relaxed. There nothing here but a few small critters I told myself. Then Kate suddenly stopped. I looked up and came in contact with a huge wolf. This wolf was twice the size of a normal wolf. I slowly looked at Kate to see her reaction to this giant wolf in front of us. She was staring into the eyes of this wolf looking a little annoyed and the wolf looked not very happy at the same time. If I didn't know better I say that they were having a conversation but I knew that couldn't be possible. The wolf huffed but walked away from us and ran in the opposite direction. I was so confused right now. I needed some answers from Kate. 

"Hey Kate what just happen there just now with that wolf," I asked her. 

"Oh that was nothing lets get a move on we're almost there," She said while trying to change the subject. I just let it go this time but I will ask her later when we get there to this place. I was so intwined in my own thought I didn't notice when she came to a quick stop. I looked up and saw a huge house and maybe more like a mansion to me. Out of nowhere this little that seemed to be around the age of three. She stopped in front of Kate and jumped up and down. She was trying to get Kate to pick her up. Kate finally picked her up. She turned a nodded and with her hand motions me toward this huge house. I hope I did the right thing my leaving.