Clove

My piercing shriek echoes across the arena as the rock collides into my skull.

For a moment, all i feel is numbness.

Suddenly, a blinding pain shoots through my body and i collapse onto the ground. I do the only thing I can think of;

"Cato!" I shriek, "Cato!"

I gasp as I try to breathe, trying to hieve as much air into my lungs. I see Thresh disappear; he was my killer. He is the reason I am dying. I had told Cato that he was the one to watch...

Cato.

Where was he now? Had he heard me? What will he think when he sees my face illuminated in tonights sky...

The tought makes me feel sick, so sick that I'd rather die... even though my time is almost up.

I just want to see his face again. To feel his hand in mine, his lips pressed onto mine.

"Clove!"

My heart stops. He had heard me. He'll see me like this...

I hear footsteps and suddenly Cato is there, crouching beside me, begging me to stay with him.

"Win." I gasp, "Do it for me, for us."

"Dont leave me, don't you dare." He buries his face into my chest. I gasp for air and my breathing quickens.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

"No!" Cato screams, "If you're dead, I'm dead."

I look up into his eyes and smile a little.

"We always were dead, weren't we?" I laugh.

My vision begins to blur.

The last thing i remember is feeling at peace. Knowing that Cato had felt the same way as I felt for him since we were 4. Walking around, hand in hand. Knowing that Cato volunteered as he saw that I was going to the games too. We were soul mates. And only now do I realise is that we were meant for eachother. The cannon sounds.

I leave this world heart-broken.

I am lost forever.