Chapter 2

I kept watching until I couldn't see Tyler's car anymore. With a sigh I continued on down the street. I could almost see my house when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I checked my phone to see a text from my other best friend, Elise.

Hey on ur way home buy some juice. Ur out already. -E

I rolled my eyes and replied:

thats cuz u drink all of it :p and too bad. im already home -K

A couple minutes later, I my fat chow-chow barking. He knew when his people were here. I opened the iron gate and my other two dogs ran to me as well. I crouched down to pet them but discreetly gave more attention to my fat dog since he was my favorite. Elise followed right behind them.

"You stole my attention!" she complained and stomped her foot.

I snorted. "Whatever kid. You know they love me more."

"They love your mom more!" she cried.

"Yeah, they do. More than your face!"

"Dang, that burned" she said, her hand clutching her heart. We both started laughing.

"Hey, why are you holding a daisy?" Elise asked.

I looked down and saw the flower in my hand. I didn't realize I still had it. While the two of us walked into my house, I explained to her how I wanted to use the flower to make a point to Tyler. We passed my living room and kitchen heading straight for my bedroom. When we got inside, Elie made a big show of falling onto my queen sized bed. I plopped down right beside her. 

Elise sighed. "So he's out with another girl... Why do we even like him anyway?" 

"I think the bigger question is," I started, "why doesn't he like us?!"

"Seriously!" Elie agreed. "He's missing out on some amazing stuff."

We  ended up taking five minutes listing our qualities. This is what we had:

[Karina]- 5'4" (perfect hugging height for Tyler) [pshh, whatever], slim, sexy auburn hair [yeah, super sexy...not] (oh hush), fierce hazel eyes, fair skin, athletic, sarcastic, caring

(Elise)- 5'6", HUGE rack (it's not that big!!!) [yes it is!!], slender, wavy brown hair, big violet-brown eyes (behind glasses!) [it's still cute though!], tan complexion, musically talented, nerdy, sweet

"I could go all day, but I think this is enough for now" Elie commented. I giggled and agreed.

"I love how humble we are," I added, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Right! That's just how we roll," Elise responded and winked at me. We kept smirking at each other not willing to be the first to give up. Finally we couldn't hold it in anymore and bursted into our usual giggle fit.

After calming down, we just layed there in comfortable silence. I felt my eyes roam my room. The pale green color of my walls were easy on the eyes, but could barely be seen since they were covered with pictures of me, Tyler, and Elise throughout the years. My eyes fell on a certain one taken a couple days ago. The three of us were lying on my bed, Elise in the middle, me on her left and Tyler to her right. We were all smiling so wide that our irises were barely showing. I felt a little tug in my chest at seeing Elise and Tyler squeezing together to fit us all into the picture. I was probably over-analyzing the photo since I was just as squished into Elise.

My stupid feelings were making me jealous of my own best friend. I guess it couldn't be helped. If she knew what I was thinking, she probably would want my thoughts to be true. I wondered if she ever got jealous of me. Like the best friends we were, we were probably thinking about the same thing because Elise randomly said, "I hate saying it, cause you're my best friend and all, but sometimes I get jealous of you and Tyler." I looked at her and noticed she was staring at my photos, too. 

"It's what we get for liking the same guy, I guess. Our best friend at that, too." I mumbled. Elise just hummed in agreement.