Chapter 2

In a classroom of Jacob Baliey High School, Salem, Massachusetts, in the year of 1993, a room full of High School students sit listening to the teacher as she tells them about the Sanderson sisters. The teacher has long black hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. She wore a white t-shirt with a black vest over it, jeans, black block heel boots, and a witches hat for class. If you told her she looked familiar or put a picture of a past resident of Salem you would find that she bears a striking resemblance. And the teacher's name is Lydia Jones.

"Poor Thackery Binx, neither his father, his mother nor anyone else ever knew what became of him, those 300 years ago. And so the Sanderson sisters were hanged by the Salem town folk. Now there are those who say, that on Halloween night, a black cat and the Ghost of Lydia Sanderson still guard the old Sanderson house. Warning off any who might make the witches come back to life!" She shouted and threw black Halloween confetti at the students causing them to scream in surprise before laughing, but one student didn't really care for it and was a little annoyed.

"Give me a break," He muttered.

The student's name was Max and he was your average teenager. He had brown hair and brown eyes and wears a tie-dyed t-shirt.

"Uh-huh. We seem to have a skeptic in our midst," She told the students before turning back to Max, "Mr. Dennison, would you care to give your California, laid back, tie-dyed point of view?"

The class laughs at her little joke.

"Okay. Granted that you guys here in Salem are all into these black cats and witches and stuff..."

"Stuff?"

"Fine. But everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It's a conspiracy."

"It just so happens that Halloween is based on the ancient feast called All Hallow's Eve. It's the one night of the year where the spirits of the dead can return to Earth."

The class cheers and claps, and so does Lydia, "Point, Allison."

Max gets up and goes over to Allison with a piece of paper in his hand. He hands her the paper, "Well in case Jimmy Hendrix shows up tonight, here's my number."

The class groans and whistles. The bell rings. Allison takes the paper and then gets up and leaves. Max grabs his stuff and runs out of the room. Lydia gets her bag and helmet out from underneath her desk before leaving the room and heading out to her motorcycle.

In the schoolyard, Max is on his bike heading home and he spots Allison so he heads over to her.

"Allison."

"Hi," She greeted.

"Hi. Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you in class," Max told her.

"You didn't."

"My name's Max Dennison," Max introduced himself.

"Yeah, I know. You just moved here, huh?" She asked.

"Yeah, last week," He replied.

"Must be a big change for you."

"Yeah, that's for sure."

"You don't like it here?" Allison asked.

"Oh, the leaves are great, but...I don't know, it's just all this Halloween stuff," Max told her.

"You don't believe in it?"

"What do you mean, like the Sanderson sisters? No way."

"Not even on Halloween?" Allison asked.

Max smiles and says, "Especially not on Halloween!"

"Well I think you should because Ms. Lydia is said to be a descendant of the fourth Sanderson sister," She holds up a piece of paper, "Trick or treat!"