Part 6 Worthless.

I don't know how long I stayed down but when I managed to finally get off of the floor I took a quick rinse in the shower and got dressed in a simple tank top and shorts. I didn't bother with a bra or anything fancy since it would be too much effort for just going back to bed.

I sank down on the edge of my bed a debated what I should do. The ache in my arm and shoulder wasn't bad enough for me to lay on the floor in a puddle anymore but it also wasn't going to let me get any sleep and it was defiantly too much for school. 

A knock on my bed room door followed again by my mother's voice brought a fresh wave of dread over me.

"Victoria..." She said flatly as she opened my door. This time she crossed her arms and glared daggers at me.

I stood up quickly to face her. My hand held onto my injured arm so that I didn't cause any new shoulder pain.

"Mr. Collins, from the hospital, stopped by to see you." My mother stepped sideways to reveal Theo and my heart lurched in surprise. He was wearing a pair of dark green scrubs and looked like he was on the way to the hospital. 

"Hello Victoria." Theo said formally. "You forgot some things at the hospital and then we couldn't reach you so I thought I'd come by and drop them off."

Theo spoke to me but I could see he was carefully watching my mother. His words trickled slowly through my brain. The guys couldn't reach me so they sent Theo in with an excuse. I glanced down at my alarm clock. I was beyond late for my classes and I was supposed to have met Tao outside hours ago.

"Oh" I gasped. "I'm so sorry. I must have lost my phone."

I hoped Theo understood that I hadn't meant to ignore them.

"That's alright." Theo shrugged. "Since I'm here why don't you tell me how your shoulders feeling?"

Theo walked past my mother and set the bag of things down on the edge of my bed. His calculating eyes shifted to me. He'd taken in every detail. From my lack of a sling to the my wary eyes. 

"She's fine." My mother said.

Theo glanced over his shoulder at her, looked back at me, and raised his eye brows. He wanted confirmation from me. 

I gave a small tilt of my head. I was fine.

"I noticed you're not wearing your sling. Dr. Evans suggested at least another week with it." Theo said.

"She lost it." My mother said before I could even attempt to open my mouth.

The corners of Theo's mouth dipped down and this time he didn't even bother glancing at my mother.

"I trust everything is going ok with your medication at least?" Theo asked.

"She's taking them as prescribed." My mother lied. 

I eyed her warily from where I stood by the bed.

"Alright then..." Theo said. He pressed his lips together in a thin line before trying another question. "How is your pain level?"

"She hardly has any pain. Maybe a 2." My mother answered again.

"Mrs. Sherwood..." Theo's voice was calm as he rounded on my mother. "With all due respect Victoria seems perfectly capable and should be the one answering my questions."

My mother scoffed and cocked her head at Theo.

"What was your name again?" She demanded. Her tone had sweetened but the under tone was all venom. If Theo gave his name she would have him fired before his shift had even started.