Chapter 1

Chapter 1

XxX Hunter xXx

I woke up on the floor in the living room. " I never wake up in my bed." I mutter to myself. "Why do I never wake up in my bed?" 

"Sleep walking means the soul is looking for something lost, Hunter. What have you lost?" A crazy old lady once said to me. Of course I didn't believe her. I mean, would you?

Slowly I stood up and shook out my tense muscles. 

"Ow" I cried.

"Good to see your awake!" The voice dread hearing the most in the world said. Carrington.

"Carrington!" I said all cheery like. "It's always a pleasure seeing your face thing in the morning." I smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine, trust me!" He said in his rusty voice. I'd say he was about mid -50's. I'd never know. In all the things he carry's on about his age isn't one. 

"Since you love sleeping on the floor and not the bed I oh so generously provided for you, you can clean it." He threw a rag at my head, which I swiftly caught.

"Great!" I said with fake enthusiasm, only caused it pissed him off seeing any of us happy. 

"Whatever get started. You have school." He barked walking out, probably to go smoke.

I made a face as soon as his back was turned then went to the cleaning closet to get more supplies.

This is my life. Welcome.

My name is Hunter. No real last name. 'Hunter' was all that was on a necklace around my neck when I arrived.

I live in a orphanage home for boys. It was owned by Carrington's father and how Carrington himself. 

Carrington hates it here. Plus he hates teenagers and kids. Mainly teenage age kid that lives here. Me.

So why does he work here? Beats me.

Apparently everyone hates me. I've been adopted three times already, but brought back for strange behavior and destruction. Mainly destruction.

In my defense, those weren't my fault. They are never my fault. I can't help it when I brake stuff. I'm never awake when i brake stuff. I blame sleep walking. 

This one lady brought me back yelling about how I was a "Demon child". Then she spat on me and left. 

I wish I knew what I did to piss that hag off.

I stood up when I was done cleaning the floors and stood up then quickly glanced at the time. I had about and hour before school started. Great. Just my luck. Carrington will bitch if I'm late again. 

I raced upstairs to my shared room to throw on a pair of faded blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror. I could be "cute" if I tried a little harder. I needed a hair cut. My  eyes were a dark brown, my nose was straight and I had high cheek bones. 

Today I looked like I just rolled out of bed, run my fingers through my hair and and put on anything. Which was fairly true. 

My side of the room, of course, was very messy. my sheets in one corner, my mattress in the middle of the room some ripped clothes...well everywhere and shards of glass still left over from when I broke my window last week. 

All of which I did while I was asleep. 

My luck.

"I'll clean when I get back." I swore climbing over my junk to reach my backpack.