Foreword

The intent of this book is to highlight the power of Dua – a power that many of us sometimes don’t fully comprehend – because if we did, we would have done anything that is considered necessary to make dua work for us. Many of us make dua to Allah to ask for His favors, to get His attention, to seek forgiveness for our sins, or simply to get out of trouble, when we get into one. Sometimes, our dua to Allah brings immediate results; while at other times it doesn’t. For those of us, who fully comprehend the dynamics of dua, the process can be straightforward and less stressful, but for others who don’t understand it as such, the lack of results as we perceive them to be, sometimes can cast doubt on our faiths.

This book compiles divine guidance (Quranic verses, Ahadith, etc.) on the topic of dua and is meant to bring into limelight such topics that can make you understand the dynamics of dua. Again, when made properly, dua can transform our lives. However, as you embark on this understanding, you will find yourselves sometimes making certain changes to your life – a positive change – a change that can have far-reaching effects than simply getting your dua accepted for the short term.

You may have read a number of these Quranic verses and Ahadith of the prophet before, but here you are requested to constantly question yourself whether you indeed understand and apply each topic in your life or not. People’s lives have changed when they have taken the time to apply the divine guidance compiled in this book.

You are encouraged to print the checklist page at the end of the book and post it in a place as a reminder to the topics in this book. That can help you focus on getting the gradual but permanent change that you need in your life.

This book doesn’t claim to have included ALL the divine guidance on the topic of dua. However, an effort has been made to include as many references as possible. For any suggestions, you are encouraged to E-mail to admin@IqraSense.com.

May Allah help every one of us to APPLY what is in this book to our personal lives, to help transform words in action and to help inculcate a deeper understanding of this guidance in our lives.