Chapter 16

The next morning, Prince James and Arthur were saying farewell to the king and queen of Gardenia, however there was this unspoken question that will princess come and bid farewell.

"I wish you a very safe journey Prince James and Mr. Arthur" they heard her voice.
Arthur instantly turned to have a last glance of her, James's reaction was no different.

"Many thanks princess, I sincerely hope to see you again". Replied prince James and then he turned towards the king and queen

"My king and queen my good wishes lie with you" said James

"Have a very safe journey, prince" said queen

Prince James and Arthur turned around and started walking towards the gates of the palace however before departing Alexandra and Arthur's eyes met and bid farewell in the most sadest manner. Alexandra turned in the other direction and went to her room. She sat on the couch and looked blankly in space. Days went by and she didn't step out of the room. She neither went to see her people nor did she go for the practice. It was as if she had locked herself in. Her favorite food was made but she no longer tasted it, her favorite books were brought but she no longer read them; even when her maidens sung her favorite songs, which she used to sing with them before, she no longer joined them in singing. Life had been taken out of her. The king and queen were very worried of Alexandra's behavior. She was eating less and didn't converse with anyone however the king still wanted her to marry James and was thinking of ways to reach her agreement.

                                      ...

The door knocked Christine opened it, at the door was Brigadier Leon.

"I'm here to see the princess" said Leon

"She doesn't wish to meet anyone" replied Christine, without even seeking Alexandra's approval.

"Inform her of my arrival please" said Leon in an irritated tune

Christine went inside, the princess was reading a book, basically she was pretending to read it.

"My princess, Brigadier Leon has requested to see you" Christine said

"Let him know that I don't wish to see him" replied Alexandra without taking her eyes off the book

"He insists ma'am" said Christine

Alexandra stared at her and then nodded

Christine asked for the Brigadier to be let in.

"Good morning princess, how are you?" Asked Leon while making his way towards her.

"Good morning Leon, you look fine" replied Alexandra

"But you don't, what happened?" Asked Leon in a friendly manner.

"Nothing, that should upset you Brigadier" replied Alexandra

"Right......you do realize that you have never missed a single day of practice and have never spent a day without visiting the people or the offices that you supervise. What does this explain?" Leon continued saying

Alexandra didn't speak

"Come on Alexandra we are going for a walk, your horse is ready, I'm certain it'll be missing you". Leon said

"Christine, bring my cloak, I'm not in a mood to change". Said Alexandra giving up, she was aware of Leon's adamant behavior, if he set his mind to something, nothing could stop him from doing it.

With those words Christine happily brought the cloak and then they both left.