~ Chapter Seven ~

Hello Readers!!

First of all this chapter is dedicated to the amazing bookADDICT6 who made the awesome fan banner you can see at your right. Thank you bookADDICT6, Rose says thank you too ;)

Secondly Please help me promote my story!!!! I want more readers because I think Rose and her story are worth more recognition and if you feel so too then please help me promote my story! Ask and recommend TDIBMR to other wattpaders and please don't forget to VOTE the chapter. Seriously guys I really appreciate it when you comment and private msg me about how much you love the story but why do you always forget to show your appreciation with a VOTE? *tsk tsk*

Now enough of the serious talk just read and enjoy!! AND DON'T FORGET TO LIKE/ COMMENT/ VOTE and FAN!!

~ Bennet869

~ Chapter Six ~

~ ROSE'S POV ~

The dazed expression vanished only to be replaced by incredulity.

"Rose?" he croaked in a strangled voice.

Ian Hamilton the fourth stood in front of me impeccably dressed in his black dinner jacket. Even though he was my father, we hardly looked related. He had dark eyes and raven black hair with threads of silver and classic features. The only trait I had inherited from him was probably his height.... Ian Hamilton stood at least six feet five.

"Yes Father" I replied back without emotion. "It's me."

After years of his efforts to not play any role in my life except as a provider, I had learned to overcome my resentment and rejection. I no more desperately tried to win his non-existent love. No, I wouldn't say I was in a better place... I was only indifferent. Just like him.

"Oh." He said awkwardly not sure as to what to say. I couldn't exactly blame him; the last time he spoke to me personally was when I was eighteen, to inform me that he was no more my estate arbitrator since I was a legal adult.

"It's been a long time since I last met- "

"Three years." I finished.

Silence.

I had to give it to him the man didn't wince once. My father never stayed at home too long. He was always flying around the country for work as though he was being driven away from his own house. My stepmother was never hesitant as to point out who was to blame.

"Yes... yes" He said gruffly.

Again we suffered an uncomfortable silence where he refused to meet my eyes. Then finally he looked at me. Really looked at me.

For the first time in my life...

... Isn't that just pathetic?

"You know Rose you look just like... her... I thought-"

"Did you meet Carla?" I interrupted in a false bright voice as I blinked furiously at the sudden moisture in my eyes. I didn't want to hear anymore. I was beginning to loose my indifference... I was starting to feel again.

"Rose? Are you-"

But before he could finish my stepmother interrupted us.

"There you are darling!" She announced studying us with shrewd eyes as I refused to make eye contact with anybody. "Did you just arrive? How was Manchester?"

"Good." My father stated absentmindedly.

"Well come on in! Carla and Brian are leading us in for dinner now. The father of the bride must be present!"

With that she forcefully swept my father away.

*

Carla was amidst receiving congratulations when I walked back inside.