Trick-or-Treat

All Rights Reserved.
Chapter 29
- Trick-or-Treat -

*unedited*
- Demarco -

"We got nothing too".

Great, back to square one it is...

"It wasn't a bad idea. For what it's worth, I think she's looking for someone too" Jordan said trying to make me feel somewhat better.

This three day man hunt left us right where we began.

With nothing.

All the time and effort it took to question over three hundred people across three different states. Just to end up empty handed at the end of the day.

"Alright, you guys can leave".

No one moved, the boys looked at each other, a little confused. As if I were speaking a foreign language.

I laughed at their hesitation. "I'm serious, we've been at this for days. Go enjoy your lives".

"What about the rouge?" Patrick questioned.

"What about it? It hasn't been around for two weeks and we have no leads. We've already put as much border control on the northern and western boarders. There's nothing else left for us to do".

Tried was an understatement.

The long days of hopping from different sectors of the pack and questions everyone, to the long nights of patrolling the land.

It made no sense to farther exhaust myself or the boys. "When she shows up again, we'll have more to go off of but as of now, it makes no sense to sit around waiting for something to happen. And that's if something happen".

There was a long moment of silence and again, no one moved out of their seat.

"Seriously guys. Go home" I practically begged. "There's nothing more we can do".

Of course Denziel was the first to take advantage of being dismissed early. "You don't have to tell me twice, let's go Oscar" he said standing up and collecting his things. "Lets go before he changes his mind".

That was everyone else's cue to snap out of their disbelief and leave. The room filled with movement as everyone started gathering their things.

"Where are you guys going?" Cleon asked the two who seemed to be in a rush to leave.

"Party, hopefully I could pickup a girl or two" Denziel said with a grin as he left the conference room in a hurry, leaving Oscar behind.

"Its a frat party. Nola's classmate invited her to their annual Halloween Party" Oscar said

"Oh, well have fun then Bachelor" Cleon called after Denziel. "I'm heading home to take a much needed shower, I smell" Cleon said following behind the two.

"Are the kids trick-or-treating tonight?" I asked my right hand man who didn't make a move to leave my side yet.

"Yes, but I could stay behind and help you".