6. Dangerous Animals

"Alex! There's someone here for you!"

My mother's voice woke me up from my very pleasant slumber early on the following Saturday morning. I groaned in my sheets and buried my face into my pillow. On god if it's Matthew I'm going to kill him for waking me up this early. I'd been up until about three in the morning composing that song for Arabella. I only regretted it now when I woke up groggily after five hours of sleep.

I usually slept in till about ten at minimum on Saturday's. My parents aren't the type to wake me up. Out of sight, out of mind basically. I wasn't too damn pleased about being shouted out of my favourite part of my day and just lay in my bed for a few minutes, praying that I just hallucinated my mums voice and that I could just peacefully go back to sleep for another four hours.

"Alexander!" My mum called again. I groaned, realising I wasn't still in a dream. I thought about getting up but I just couldn't be arsed. I didn't have the strength in me to even keep me eyes open.

I closed my eyelids just a few seconds for strength when I heard my mum say: "sorry love, he's upstairs, second room on the right. Feel free to wake him, he should be up by now." And my eyes flew wide open. I might've been tired but I had enough self respect that I was not going to be seen in my pyjamas half asleep with drool on my face by anyone who was visiting.

I climbed out of bed as fast as I could when my bedroom door swung wide open. I squinted to see who it was and immediately felt my heart jump.

"Morning," Arabella said as she walked in and sat down at my desk table as I struggled to comprehend what was happening. I felt stunned that she was here and embarrassed that she'd barged in on me at arguably my least flattering moments.

"Morning?" I stammered and rubbed my crusty eyes, running a hand through my unkempt hair. "What are you...?"

"What? You're not happy to see me?" Arabella asked, folding her legs and her arms. She wouldn't take her eyes off me and for once, I didn't want her attention. Not when I was in a state like this.

"I'm just fucking surprised yer here," I chuckled tiredly.

"Your mum let me in the front door, I didn't break in," Arabella said as a matter of fact.

"I heard," I said as I stood up from my bed and stretched my back. "Why so early?"

"Wanted to catch you at a bad time," Arabella said.

I managed a chuckle, "well congratulations."

"Not a morning person?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow as I trudged over to my drawers and pulled out some normal clothes to wear. I didn't really like being under her gaze in sweatpants and a very old band shirt.

"Does it look like it?" I yawned and ran my fingers through my hair again.

"Calm down temper, temper," Arabella said and clicked her tongue. "You want me to leave the room so you can make yerself look 'irresistible'?"

I chuckled and shook my head, waking up a little with her sarcasm. "Can't make any promises."

"Now you're just being humble," Arabella said.

I felt my cheeks burn and turned my head away from her so she wouldn't see.

"Fine, I'll be outside your door. Tap when you're decent. I don't intend on talking about the weather with your parents today," Arabella said and stood up, walking over to the door.

"I better be quick then. They love small talk," I said sarcastically, watching her roll her eyes with a smile on her face as she closed the door.