Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Eleanor woke two mornings later just as dawn's light was beginning to lighten up the window. She knew instantly that, though they had gone to sleep on opposites sides of the bed, at some point Eleanor had rolled to Willa's side and curled up against her.

Willa's arm was around her, holding her close and Eleanor's head rested upon her chest. She looked up, taking each and every bit of Willa's face, though she already had it memorized. The freckles splashed across her nose and cheeks, the wild dark curls that lay across the white pillowcases. She smiled at the stubborn dimple in Willa's chin and found herself raising a hand so she could smooth a few curls from her brow.

Willa stirred a bit causing Eleanor to freeze and bite her lip. The woman didn't awaken. Letting her fingers drop lower, she traced Willa's chin and then down her neck. Her sleeping gown was low cut and Eleanor could see the rise and fall of her breasts as she breathed peacefully.

Heat pooled between her legs. She wanted to touch Willa. Eleanor was smart enough to know that what went on between two people in love was not like what she'd experienced with that gang.

Could she? Could she give herself to Willa? The want she felt in her aching body told her that she could.

Eleanor was still watching those breasts, her hands aching to know how they would feel against her palms, when she felt eyes on her. Glancing up, she realized Willa was awake and the gold flecks in her brown eyes seemed to be glowing as she looked at her.

"Good morning," she said, her voice thick with sleep.

"Good morning."

Willa raised a hand and hooked her finger, beckoning Eleanor to bring her face closer. Eleanor's body trembled as she did so. Willa's hand went to her cheek gently and Eleanor let herself be pulled closer still until Willa raised up a bit and brushed their lips together.

Eleanor swore it was as if a bolt of lightning shot through her body. Suddenly she knew what she wanted and who she wanted and she wanted her now.

***

Willa had never in her life spent the night curled up with another woman—she had never even gone beyond kissing, though she wasn't in any hurry to admit that.

But those few kisses she had shared with meaningless women could not compare to the hungry kiss that she was sharing with Eleanor right now.

Eleanor was everything. Softness, kindness, and light. She was what Willa wanted now and forever. And this kiss only solidified that in Willa's mind. Eleanor whimpered against her, her body arching into Willa's.

Willa pulled the woman closer; she couldn't have her close enough. Their tongues warred a moment, but Eleanor was quick to submit and Willa took over, flipping Eleanor to her back and bracing herself over her, never breaking the kiss they were sharing.

Slowly, Willa pulled away, her breathing labored. Eleanor's eyes remained closed and her red-lips parted. "Damnation..." Willa whispered just before going in for another kiss.

She had no way of knowing how much time passed as she continued drinking in Eleanor's sweetness. Her hands roamed down Eleanor's body, feeling her full breasts and soft hips through the fabric of her nightdress. Eleanor's body moved against her, arching into every touch.

"I want to taste you, Ellie..." Willa whispered against her lips. "Can I taste you?"

Eleanor pulled away, her wide brown eyes darkened with passion as they looked up at Willa. Her nod was all the permission Willa needed. "Can I take off your nightdress?"

This time there was a moment of hesitation. Willa simply waited. If Eleanor said no, it would be disappointing, but Willa wouldn't let her know that. She had promised not to rush Eleanor or push her into anything.

Slowly, Eleanor nodded. Willa stood from the bed, taking Eleanor's hand and pulling her up as well. She didn't break eye contact with Eleanor as her hands went to the bottom of her nightdress and lifted the fabric, raising it and pulling it over her head.

Eleanor was shaking and Willa went in for another, more gentle kiss. "I love you, Ellie."

Eleanor offered a trembling smile. "I love you too."

Tenderly, Willa laid Eleanor back on the bed before letting her eyes rake over her body. Damn, Willa had known it would be something beneath all those clothes and the shawl she wore. And she hadn't been wrong. Eleanor was all softness and gentle curves which contrasted with the lean muscles and sharper angles that Willa was covered in.

Willa pulled off her own nightdress and slid into the bed, crawling over Eleanor. She lowered her lips to her neck, letting her tongue dance to her collarbones. Eleanor nearly came off the mattress as she moaned Willa's name when her mouth closed over one of her nipples.

Willa was in unchartered territory but she was happy to be there. She lost herself in tasting Eleanor. Her mouth covered nearly every delicious inch of her while Eleanor moaned and whimpered and gripped the sheets.

Finally, Willa's mouth found Eleanor's hot core. The other woman stilled instantly and Willa raised her head to look up at her through her lashes. "Do you want me to stop?"

Instead of saying anything, Eleanor's hand went to the back of Willa's head and pushed her back down. Willa chuckled and happily gave the woman what she wanted.

Damn the woman tasted like honey. Willa drank her in, sweeping her tongue around her throbbing womanhood.

"Willa.... Willa..." Eleanor began to whimper after several minutes. Willa kept going, she knew that Eleanor was getting close to a release.

And she was right. Within seconds, Eleanor's body arched off the bed as she called out Willa's name. Willa continued to drink in everything that Eleanor had to give her.

Only when Eleanor grabbed her dark curls and begged her to stop did Willa raise up.

She was shocked speechless when Eleanor flipped her onto her back and straddled her upon the mattress. "My turn."

A/N: You know what they say about the quiet ones ;)