3. The freedom of a prison

Alec POV

The next day I'm allowed out of the cage, but it still feel as if I'm locked up. I really don't want to have to go around as a wolf. I hate it. Everyone, and I really mean everyone, stares at me. I'm too small, and I hate that I can't do anything about that.

And I can't do anything inside the house without the help of other, my paws hasn't learn how to open doors. I can't eat without them giving me food, and the worst of all, I need someone to let me out since I can't use the toilet.

Apparently, Damien has volunteered to keep an eye on me. That means that he will take care of me like I'm his dog. Do I really need to say that I don't like being treated like that? At least it's Damien, he's already my kind of best friend, so it's not like I don't like him. And now that he's my mate, I guess you can say I love him. I just wish he would love me. I know he sort of does, but only as a friend. I want him to love me as a lover, a partner.

~~~~~

"Come on Alec, it's not that bad," Damien says as he holds a dog collar and leash.

How can he belive I will put on that? I'm not a dog!

He tries to put it on again, and this time I growl at him. I'm not putting that on!

"Fine! Don't put it on then," Damien says with a smile. "Come on, let's go home."

He opens the door, and I follow him outside. The clinic is in one separate building. The place is like a mansion, the main - and biggest - building is the one everyone in the pack lives in. Then there's some smaller building, all housing different things; like for example this one, the clinic.

As we walks I can feel his smell, the heat radiating from him and the distant feeling of his wolf. It makes me long for him, making me want to  be closer to him. I want to be his. Give my whole being to him, have him love me.

But I have a feeling it won't happen.

Something's telling me that he won't accept me. That he will distance himself from me if he ever finds out the truth. The truth that I'm hopelessly in love with him. All because he's my mate.

We gets to the house and Damien opens the door, holding it open for me. He walks up to towards his room, me following close behind him.

I want to get away from the stares of everyone. I don't want them to see me like this. See me in my pathetically small form. I'm a disgrace for the pack, even smaller than some of the younger wolves.

When Damien opens the door I hurry inside and hide on the other side of the bed.

"Come on Alec, it's not that bad!" he sighs as he throws himself on his bed. "So, what do you want to do?"

Silence is the only answer he gets. I don't know if I'm mad at him and don't want to answer, but there's no reason to even think about it. It's not like I can answer him even if I want. Not while he's in human form and I'm in wolf form.

"Stupid question, I guess. You can't answer. I guess I'll just..." He trails of, sitting up on his bed. He starts taking of his shirt, and I yelp in surprise. "Hey, calm down. I thought I would go into wolf form so we can actually have some fun together."

I jump up and enthusiastically wagged my tail. I always like hnging out with him, but i like it even more in wolf form. He always has an idea for something really fun to do.

I quickly turn around before he takes of all his clothes. I'd kinda love to see him naked, but I don't think it's such a good idea to just start staring at him while he's getting undressed.

When he's in his wolf form, we run together down to the bottom floor to go outside. We get to the door beforee we're stopped by Damien's dad.

"Don't you dare take him outsidde and run around, Damien." His voice is low, but firm and controlling. "He is recovering from getting hit by a car, he is not fit to run around. Go do something else."

"You can keep a look on the cubs while they're playing," the alpha's wife Nyssa says.

We do as she said right away, she was known for being very determined, and it was mostly worth it to listen to what she said right away. She was almost better at getting people to listen and obey than the alpha himself, at least with trivial stuff.

We lay down beside each other as we often did while watching the cubs. That was one thing I love with our friendship, we could so easily be close together, without any of us questioning it.

We kept an eye on the cubs until it was time for dinner. I walk over to the one bowl on the floor. It held our own specially made dog food, which is given to any of us that for some reason has to stay in wolf form.

After dinner me and Damien walks up to his room and makes ourself ready for bed. It isn't really late, but I'm still a bit tired. While Damien lays down in his bed, I curl up on the floor, not the most comfortable, but it's all I have.

"Alec, you know, you can come and sleep in my bed, it's big enough."

I don't waste anytime thinking about it, and jumps up in his bed. He lifts the cover away so I can get under. I curl p on the bed, and instantly feels an arm around my wolf form. Damien cuddles up against me, and before I fall asleep I hear a faint voice whispering something.

"Umh, warm."

~~~~~

I had a bit problem uploading this, so if something seem to be missing or wrong, please let me know.

This isn't really written as good as I would have liked, but I've had a bit problem even being able to write this story what so ever. I  hope you still enjoyed and/or liked it.

I have a question for you readers; which time form do you prefer to read, past or present? I usually write in past, so it's a bit different for me to write in present and I need to think more of the grammar. Though maybe this is better, because I get practise in present. But i want to know what you think. If you prefer it in past, I'll probably re-write it to that, though that'll take some time.

Over all, this story is a bit different from my other stories, written in another way. Other from the time form it's the chapter names. Do you prefer it to be only chapter 1, chapter 2, and so on, or like I make it, with a name for the chapter?

The picture is of Alec.

/pigalle