The Reaping

*Hi guys! When your reading this the book is finished and you can read the whole thing! I Just wanted to say That I hope you enjoy and If you want a second book make sure to let me know.*

(Maddie's POV)
We shouldnt have done it..
We shouldnt have rocked the boat!!
Now this is our punishment..
I wake up.
A cold sweat pours down my face the clicking of the clock. 5:00AM it rings..
Panic rushes over me, todays the day..
The day of the first hungergames.. the day our punishment begans..
My dad pokes his head into my small room.
"Maddie, get dressed.. its the reaping!"
He says a look of pain evident on his face..
Since.. mom... I blink away ow he may loose, Tycan, or, Kiara, Or me... I clench my teeth..
Im Maddie Watkins Im 14, Im from district 11...
My little sisters are Kiara, And Arcia.
Kiara is 13, and Arcia is 7..
Tycan my older brother is 17..
And.. today is the day of "The Reaping" where 1 girl and 1 boy from every district between the ages of 12-18 have to fight in some kind of arena and only 1 can come out Alive..
I get dressed in my nicest outfit.. A pale blue knee length dress, a few scratches and stains but my mom bought this for me for my 13th birthday, and I love it so much.. its the only thing I have left from.. her.. I shake my head trying to get the thoughts out of it and lace up my shoes. Then I go help dad, and Tycan with milking the cows, and eat some bread.
Soon its almost 12pm... and we head to the down square, my whole family.
But only me, tycan and Kiara go to our resoective age groups, hoping.. just hoping to not hear one of my siblings names called..
A cheery lady speed walks to the podum her heels clicking on the wood below.. Everyone seema on.. edge by her happy attitude.
"Hello! My name is Maria Castle!" She claps
"Welcome to the reaping of the first Hingergames!" Her voice rings in a song, happy tone.
"Ladies first" she winks giving me shivers.
Please dont be kiara.. I say in my head

"Maddie Watkins!" The women screeches, scanning the crowd for some one to move up.
But im frozen in dis belief and people look at me
I feel dizzy.. but for some reason my feet are moving, tears threaten to soak my face, as I shake. Soon im on the stage, the lady says something i dont hear because Of the ringing I just lock eyes with my family who are all either crying or about to.. then something snaps me back..
Dont be tycan..
Dont be tycan!
I say.
Luckily she says a diffrent name
"Asher Fox" she sings her face brim with pure joy, while im sure my face shows pure disgust.
A older boy emerges from the crowd, red hair, and Green Emerald eyes, Next thing I know the lady, who I learn to call Maria, is holding our arms in the air.
"May the odds, ever be in your favor! And happy hunger games!!" Which makes everyone go dead silent and I catch the eye of the boy of which he smiles slightly and I smile back.