Cat

I had only been asleep for what felt like seconds when sunlight streamed through my eyelids.

I tryed to rub my eyes, but something scratchy rubbed them instead.

A searing pain shot through my body.

I dragged my eyelids open, and saw something that made no sense whatsoever.

I was in a meadow, by a stream, lying on sun-warmed grass. And I had paws.

I stood on four paws shakily and walked slowly towards the stream. I glanced at my reflection and gasped.

I was a cat. A four-legged, furry, cat. I had light gray fur, and a white chest and paws. I had blue eyes, and whiskers and a tail.

I couldn't believe it. I was a cat. I didn't have time to dwel on that, though. Because I slipped on the rivers rocky shore and into the water.

I tyres to paddle, but suddenly another wave of pain shot through me and my head slipped under.

I gave up on paddling and sank to the river bottom. It wasn't too deep, just enough to cover my head by a few mouse-lengths.

I heard a splash and teeth buried themselves in my scruff. I was pulled upwards and my head broke the surface. I fought weakly, and a muffled voice hissed.

"Stop fighting or we'll both drown!" The muffled voice said and I was hauled back into the rocky shore.

I saw my savior then.

It was another cat, a young tom. I had guessed I was about seven or eight moons old in cat years, and this tom had to be about the same age.

He could almost be called scrawny, though I could tell he wasn't weak, considering he just pulled me out of a river. I blinked water out of my eyes slowly.

The tom shook himself out, and I saw his fur was grey. I tried to shake out my own fur, unsuccessfully. The tom snorted.

"Why were you in the river? You're luck I was collecting marigold on the river shore. Even if one if the Riverclan patrols found you in time, they wouldn't be as kind."

My head swam. Riverclan? Did that mean...

Suddenly the tom turned to me and I saw his pale blue eyes. His blind blue eyes.

And I couldn't believe it, but I knew where I was.

I was in my favorite book series.

Then I passed out.