#13 She is growing on me

Michael.

It's hard for me to pretend to be friendly with someone who is not actually very close to me.

I nodded at Cinderella's mom, acknowledging her.

"I just came to give her the phone," I said politely.

Maybe I should have send it with someone else. I just thought Cinderella is seriously injured when she didn't turn up today.

"Please be seated, Michael," Her mother took the settee seat and showed me to the opposite side.

"That's not necessary; I will take my leave now,"

"I should thank you properly for helping my daughter,"

"I was helping my sister, Cinderella just happened to be with her,"

"Your sister? From what I know, you don't have any f-"

"Mama is just thankful that you helped me, Senior Michael," Cinderella said.

An unpleasant silence filled the room for a moment.

Her mother looked displeased that Cinderella cut her off during the conversation.

But I was thinking about what she said.

It seems like she was going to say "You don't have any family," but she wouldn't know that, right? Unless she checked my background details, which was very unlikely as we don't even know each other!

"I told you to remove that shawl, Ella," her mother turned to Ella.

"Mama-"

"Now!" Her Mother stressed.

Ella slowly removed her shawl and I saw the faint red-blue mark on her cheek.

"You are bruised from the attack," I said slowly.

Ella.

Michael was looking at me with a frown and my heart dropped.

Even though the swelling has gone down, the colour was still there.

I should be happy that Michael visited me and at the fact that he even looked a tiny bit concerned for me, but you see, I am put in a tight spot.

I feel like a referee now.

"That's healing fast," I shrugged it off. "Please let me guide you to the dining table," I said desperate to change the subject.

Michael stared at me for a moment, looking surprised, Maybe it's because of the unnatural politeness from my side or maybe it's just my imagination.

I stilled in front of the table that was full. All the complicated dishes my Mama uses to show off was there.

"I didn't know about your food preference, so I prepared a little of everything," Mama said sweetly as Michael looked at the table in surprise, clearly not expecting such a sight.

"The pork tenderloin with three-berry salsa and seafood-stuffed salmon fillets are very special," Mama said as she took the head sea. I and Michael sat on the right and left hand side of her. I opened the napkin and unfolded it neatly.

"I am not very picky when it comes to food," Michael said as he unfolded the napkin. "You shouldn't have gone to so much trouble,"

"It's no trouble at all," Mama said, "We have five chefs working for us,"

One of the staffs started to serve.

"So Michael, I heard you are the best outgoing student of the year, I suppose you are very good at IT field," Mama started.