The Fire!

I'm now running to the fire department. My phone fell out of my hand when I fell and I didn't see it on the mattress so it probably broke. I am still pulling Valt with me and Lui is running with us too. 

I finally get to the fire department in 10 minutes. I tell them about the fire and then I run back to the apartment. I see a little girl standing on the roof, the fire only about 20 feet behind her. She looks like she is about 5 years old.

I don't see anyone who could be her parents with her. She is also holding a baby. I don't know why she is, but she needs help. I suddenly remember the mattresses that saved my life. 

I call up to her. "Hey! You up there! Jump on these mattresses!" (I know it's the height of an apartment but just pretend it's gacha logic) The girl turned and faced me. She saw the mattresses and looked back at the fire, which was now way too close.

She prepared herself to jump. She closed her eyes.

But she accidentally kicked down a flaming rock. The mattresses set on fire. She had already jumped and was falling though.

I had no choice and reached forward to catch her. However, in midair, she dropped the baby.

I knew I could only catch the girl, so I braced myself to hear a sickening crack of several bones. But it never came.

I looked to my right, Valt was on the ground rubbing his head. Turns out, he caught the baby, bjt fell down in the process. Suddenly, a man ran up to the girl. He was crying and apologized for leaving her alone.

Of course though, he went bananas thanking us. Then I felt fierce heat on the left of my body. I remembered the flaming mattresses when the man finally left with the kids.

"The mattresses guys!" I shouted. "Let's run," Valt said in agreement. Out of the corner of my eye, to my relief, I caught a glimpse of a firetruck, but then I realized, Lui was gone. Well, no time to look now.

Valt and I run back to the Aoi family bakery. Since my home almost completely burnt down, I had to stay with them for a while.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Don't mind my bad work, it's 9:30, and I was up late doing this because my computer was being a bitch. Also, I am out of ideas so leave suggestions or motivations in the comments if you want this to continue. Heiwa!