Chapter 1 - The beginning of the end

" Cock-a-doodle-doo~! " My chicken alarm clock says. Intensely annoyed with it, My open up your window and threw your alarm out.
My head quickly hit the pillows, wrapping yourself in cozy, cozy blankets, until I realized...

" OH CRAP! "

Of course! Today was the first day for the -insert the school name here soon- Academy! I can't afford to be late, after all! Forgetful person, I am...

Ah, but let me introduce myself! I'm Y/N M/N L/N! And I'm learning to be a master chef at -oh god what the fuck is the name- Academy! And- Oh no, I'm already late! I quickly grabbed my new chef uniform and quickly removed my pajamas and put on my chef. I looked at the mirror, admiring myself. I couldn't believe it, I was finally becoming a chef. You see, I've been wanting to be a chef since I was born. It's been my dream! And it's finally happening~!

I quickly put on my white sneakers to match my uniform, put on my chef hat, grabbed my phone, my biscuit, and ran out the door! I won't waste anymore time!

I finally arrived at the academy, quickly stopping to catch my breath, slouching down and putting my hands on my thighs.

" Good morning, Y/N~! " A familiar voice spoke. I lifted up my head, only to see my lifelong best friend, Miriam! " Ah... hey, Miriam. " I straighten my back, don't wanna get back problems.
" Are you excited for the first day for the rest of our lives?! "

" I- "

" I SURE AM~! I'm so excited!! Nervous, but excited!!! " She exclaimed very excitedly, her stance is now... like a superhero, that's my best friend, alright! " Actually, I'm a lot, lot, lot, lot, LOT nervous but it's okay!!!! "

" You should calm down, Miriam- " She interrupted me. " It's just... I cooked myself breakfast this morning and I couldn't taste all the love in it!!! What if I fail..... No, no no no no no!!! I don't want to face the wrath of Gordon Ramsey himself... uwaahhh... " She squatted down and started drawing circles on the ground. The thing is, she was raised by master-chef parents. They were on Masterchef too!

I squatted down to her level and put one of my hands on her shoulders. " Hey, hey... ever since we were little babies playing together and rescued me from that quicksand box, it's obvious and you're the most loving and caring person I've ever met. " I gave her a soft smile. " You're gonna do so great. Remember last month when we went to that lady to get our tarot cards read? " I asked.

Miriam looked up at me with a terrified face. " You mean... that lady who gave me nightmares for a week?! I just got her out of my brain.... " I let out a soft chuckle. " Sure, she may looked... spooky, but she was so sweet! And she told you that you were destined for great, great things! " I gave a closed eye smile. " And remember that one card with the fancy looking tower and the handsome fellow in the red cape? "

" I've been wanting to meet a handsome fellow to call my own... " She glanced away for a few moments, and looked back at me, slightly blushing.

" And I'm sure you will... maybe the- " Before I can even get it out, I got RUDELY interrupted by someone who smacked my back, almost making me fall.

" Out of the way, chicken shins~! "

--------
To be continued~