Part 1

I'm sat in an uber with Bárbara by my side. Our parents are really good friends and they thought sending me to live with her in Mexico would make me more social and daring. With other words, they thought she'd help me become a functional adult.

Bárbara's friend Maca has a birthday party tonight and Barbie got invited. The kind soul she is, she let me tag along to make friends in this big new city.

The uber pulls up to a big apartment building. We get out of the car and I freeze. I'm stood in one spot second guessing whether I should've stayed at home. Barbie gives me a reassuring smile, grabs my hand and pulls me towards the entrance.

We make it up a flight of stairs and were met with a half open black door, loud music and a bunch of loud and tipsy people. Barbie grins at me and pulls me inside.

She leads me towards the kitchen counter past dancing bodies and a group of girls laughing.
"Any requests ma'am?" Barbie tries to look like a serious bartender with a kitchen cloth around her forearm, in an attempt to help me loosen up and have fun. I giggle and tell her to surprise me. As I finish my sentence I feel someone's intense stare burning at the back of my neck. I turn around to look at the people dancing and having fun just to meet a pair or light blue eyes from across the room. A tall, beautiful brunette is stood next to a guy who's got his arm around her. There is glitter on her face and rhinestones close to her eyes. Her face has sharp features that blend perfectly together making her look like a beautiful statue made from marble.

"Here is your drink ma'am" Barbie says jokingly as shes making her way towards me around the kitchen counter holding two cups in her hands.
"To the new beginning." She giggles. "To us!" She cheers and we take a sip. Whatever she mixed in my drink tasted sweet with a hint of alcohol.
Her eyes suddenly widen and she puts down her cup. I turn around again just to see her jump at the brunette from earlier. They both seem very happy to see each other and the hug lasts a good minute before she's back down on her feet. She skips happily next to me and puts her arm around my neck, introducing me to the brunette.

"Maca! This is the friend I told you about. She's staying with me! Hope it's alright I brought her here with me." Barbara starts fidgeting with her fingers and I can tell she feels a little anxious.

"Of course its okey! Any friend of Barbie is a friend of mine! I'm Maca, nice to meet you!" She shakes my hand and gives me a genuine smile.