Rosemary Anne Burt. That is my name. I am a normal 19 year old girl who hasn't had a birthday for two years now. You know those vampires that you read about in a book? How the girls always find love? Almost just like twilight? I don't think this book will be like that. My life is a miserable depressing mess.
My ex had turned me into a vampire on my 17th birthday two years ago. I still remember the excruciating pain all in my body. On that day, I have only left my house to see him. He was the one true love I thought I could grow with and be safe with. Here he just wanted a meal. I almost died that night. I was just laying there by myself on his porch thinking about my parents....
My parents. Wow. They are monsters. The same kind of my ex. Only stronger. Only wanting for me too marry someone good, rich perhaps.
I live in this big stone castle. My parents think everyday is a party to them. Everything isn't serious because we will never die or suffer like anyone in that real world outside of the castle. Everyday they invite the person I used to date here. Always. Every hour. Day or night. I don't know why because he turned they're little sweetheart into a monster just like them.
I'm screwed for education. For going to college. College. Wow. That was my dream as a little girl. Now I can't be around blood or humans because you know what would happen.

"Rosemary dinner is ready!" my mother calls for me.

"Okay mother." I say so she could hear me.

I walk down the steps and look around at the empty ballroom where we once danced before the awful night Max (Harry) had changed me.

I walk into the kitchen and greet my parents as my father was sitting on a stool reading the newspaper and my mother chopping things up to make soup.

"I thought you said dinner was ready mother." I say quietly sitting down next to my father.

"It will be ready in a moment Rosemary." she says soothingly in a calm voice.

I nod looking down at my hands and sigh.

"We are having a dance tonight. All of our friends are invited Rosemary. You need to be fitted for your dress and be on your best behavior." My father says as I nod sitting straight up looking at him.

"Would Max be invited father?" I ask looking at him still.

"Why yes darling Rosemary, his parents are our closest friends and neighbors." He says reading the paper.

After eating the dinner my mother had prepared I walk down to the tailors room for my dress. I try it on as she fixes a few things. I walk up to my room in the dress and sit down at my vanity. ((I know vampires can't see themselves in mirrors but mine can because they're awesome like that 😂👌)) I put on my makeup and contouring stuff and slip my masquerade mask on. If Max shows up he surely won't notice me in this new getup.

I walk down the steps watching everyone elegantly dance around the room as I stand for a moment then continue walking. I breathe slightly ad walk down to the tables that my parents and friends of theirs had set up in twenty minutes. I sit down fanning myself trying to find my mother or father, or even someone that I knew.