Chapter 8: Girlfriend

Another chapter is UP! I want to thank you people for reading! Thank you for commenting too! You all made me day. I love you all! Remember to comment this time too!

Chapter 8: Girlfriend

After that encounter with miss dark-haired Asian chick, I felt pretty much drained out. I learned from the twins (since I am currently not talking to Kaden and Brayden is an obvious no-no) that Cressida here is Aiden's long time childhood friend and girlfriend. Notice how I said girlfriend? Yeah, it sucked to the core that he already has such a beautiful capable--did I mention she is the top student in the school of medicine in Yale?--girlfriend. Oh come on, who am I kidding? Such a gorgeous perfect guy surely already has a perfect girlfriend to go along.

All the girls had mysteriously disappeared, and by that I meant climbing through the fences out the back door kind of way, when Samantha got home. She had no clue at all that just a few minutes ago, a bunch of kinky-looking girls were dancing their booty off in front of her sons.

Cressida of course, stayed the night.

So the dinner, if you must know, turned out to be a disaster.

"I heard from Aiden that you are living here now," Cressida asked from across the table.

She is sitting next to Aiden and very far away from me; which is a very good thing. Somehow I will start freaking out when she is near me. I didn't have to answer because Samantha replied for me, "Yes, she is now. How are your parents doing, by the way?"

Cressida's attention had shifted to Samantha and I heaved a sigh of relief. I felt really pressured when she talks to me. Probably being around people with brains is wrecking my nervous system.

"They are both very busy now. Father as usual, is trying to tie a business deal with China and mother is currently investing in a new building project."

"Oh! I remember Micol's mother, who is a best friend of mine, used to be involved in building projects too! She was pretty successful in what she did, right, Micol?" Samantha turned to me for confirmation.

Cressida's head snapped to me, "Oh, really?"

I wanted to bash my head against the table so badly; why did she have to turn Cressida's attention to me?

I noticed that all eyes are on me so I smiled a little, "Yeah, she was." Why had mother lied to Samantha, her best friend? Since when was she involved in building projects? She had always been a secretary until the day she died! Obviously I can't tell Samantha that; imagine how shocked and disappointed she will be.

Cressida kept pestering me with questions like 'how is your studies going on?' or 'where do you plan to forward your studies?' I got this nagging feeling that she is purposely rubbing her achievements in my face.

Kaden had been silent all the time beside me. Even if he does open his mouth to talk, it would be with either his parents, his brothers or with Cressida. I am practically like invisible to him.

Brayden was no help either; he had to keep kicking my foot under the table and constantly snatching the serving spoon from me. Before the dinner come to an end, he even had to 'accidentally' spill his cup of orange juice over the front of my white blouse. Another shirt ruined all thanks to him. I bitterly excused myself from the table to go change my clothes.

So in the end, I pretty much didn't eat anything and I am starving.

I didn't want to join the rest of them downstairs at the lobby so I decided to read a book before I hit the pillows. I was about to finish the last chapter when I heard a silent knock outside my door. I thought I was hallucinating so I went back to reading. Then there was another knock, a louder one. Knowing that I was no longer dreaming it, I got off my bed and went to the door. Opening the door, I was surprised to see Aiden standing in front of me with two Snickers bar in hand.