Chapter 2: Personality Switch

P.O.V. : Third-Person

Willow was in the middle of an experiment when the familiar scent of smoke reached her nostrils. She gave a heavy sigh and set down her test tubes, each filled with a brightly colored chemical of varying hues. She walked over to the door of her little shack and attempted to mentally prepare herself for whatever was beyond it.

She had low standards for what she was expecting so to see it was a reasonably small fire was somewhat uplifting. 

"An unusually small fire, my dear. What's the occasion?" Willow asked as she pushed her goggles from her eyes to her forehead.

Wilson looked away from the flames and stood to his full height before brushing some ash from his clothes. "Nothing too dramatic, love, just thought you'd appreciate not having to rebuild the walls for once." he said as he walked over and gave Willow a peck on the forehead.

"An accurate assumption, especially since I've already rebuilt them three times this week."

Wilson gave an embarrassed smile and looked away as Willow gave a smug look.

Willow slid her goggles back over her eyes and went back into her shack to continue her experiment, making sure to sway her hips more than usual since Wilson was watching her walk away.

Wilson was too distracted with the sight to notice that the end of one of his hair curls was on fire. Once Willow had closed the door and was no longer able to distract Wilson, he lifted a hand up to pinch out the fire.

"Being smart and attractive at the same time is an unfair advantage." Wilson said to himself as he prepared to gather more firewood. 

"Why do you think I win all out arguments?" Willow added from within her shack.

Wilson shook his head as he laughed. He picked up one of the several hatchets around the camp and set out to gather more fuel for his flames. He wasn't very good with the hatchet, that's more Willow's talent, but he was good enough with it to feed his fire.

Willow was less than satisfied with the results of her experiment, but it had been successful regardless so she decided it was time to rest for the day. She rinsed her test tubes and pushed her goggles onto her forehead. With a sigh they left the little shack Wilson had built them so they could do experiments in peace.

Upon investigating the camp she saw the bonfire was well fed, though it was lower than usual. The walls were still intact. The only thing out of the ordinary was Wilson laying on a large piece of cloth in front of the fire. 

"Tired, my dear?" Willow asked as she lowered herself onto the cloth. 

"No, I just wanted to lay down with you, love." Wilson answered as he rolled onto his side and wrapped an arm around Willow.

"Ah, I fell for your trap as always. What ever shall I do?" 

"What do you always do?"

Willow responded with a kiss to Wilson's forehead.

"Ah, that. I forgot" Wilson said as he rolled onto his back, Willow adjusting to still be wrapped up in his arm.

The two of them stayed there for the rest of the night, dozing off as they looked up at the stars. Wilson had fed the bonfire more than enough for it to last till daytime. As the sun rose over the horizon the scientist awoke to find herself still wrapped up in the pyromaniac's arms. Usually she'd wake him up and get to her experiments but today she decided to just relax with her husband.