Chapter 4: A New Friend Miranda Lotto

In a town there is a woman, muttering manically in reaction to the  insanity she was experiencing. Miranda Lotto goes into town, a bunch of children making fun of her. The poor woman had no clue, the power that was pushing her into this insanity. Time and space had stopped, all because of a simple wish she made. Allen, LenaLee and (y/n) all head out to the town, discussing their feelings on the Order. They arrive to meet Toma, deciding to enter the town carefully. The exorcists enter with ease, looking at the bustling town and its people. They decide to walk around, LenaLee splitting from the pair to help look. Allen watches the woman, getting mocked by a group of brats. She walks in an alley, a creature grabbing her. The monster asks where the innocence is, Allen slaying the akuma swiftly. Miranda runs with happy tears, watching Allen head to a diner.
Elsewhere the Earl is seated with his family to discuss their missions.
" Welcome members of my family. May we all be successful in our quest for innocence. I've provided a plethora of akuma to choose from and use as you see fit." The Earl says. Road decides to start her celebration with a bang.
LenaLee asks them about the woman they saw, concluding they should stick together. The female explains how the town didn't let LenaLee leave. Miranda meets the three oddly, they talk to her about the town. Miranda begs them to save her, crying hysterically until Allen's face turns grim. There sit four men at the bar, all being akuma according to Allen's eye. Allen then explains this, saying that they are after Miranda. They conclude that the innocence is in contact with her. (y/n) takes Miranda away from the fight, leaving the akumas to Allen and LenaLee.
Outside the town, Toma sees a young woman enter the town. The one and only Road Kamelot. She calls the akuma back to her, chiding them for having too much fun. (Y/n) comes back to find out what happened, feeling confused. Elsewhere Road decides how to kill the exorcists.
  In Miranda's apartment, the four talk together about Miranda. How Miranda felt incompetent, feeling that nobody noticed her existence. Miranda tells the story of the clock, how it made her happy. Allen explains to Miranda about innocence, explaining the existence of akuma. Miranda freaks out, muttering about her weakness. They start by going into the town, looking around warily as they walk. At midnight Miranda goes to bed, the power of the innocence revealing itself. Allen touches the clock, Allen explaining the phenomenon. The clock is the innocence, asking about how this came to be. A wish that tommorow would never happen. They conclude Miranda is the accommodator, heading into the town at a circus. Allen mentions his childhood, his time at the circus as a clown. LenaLee tells her story, her and Komui being with the Order. Road calls to Allen, seeing Miranda in tears. Road listens to her blabbering, asking about her clock.
Road takes (y/n) and dolls her up, holding her and Miranda hostage. Road then brings Allen and LenaLee to her dreamworld. Wearing the signature gray skin, Road proceeded to toy with Allen first. The akumas then took action, attacking LenaLee who retaliated with her Dark Boots.
" What's wrong with humans befriending akuma? Furthermore, I am a superhuman, an apostle of Noah Clan. We have come to cleanse the Earth of you inferior humans. So full of sin that God wants you all cast into the pit of fire. You can keep shooting me, but the results will be the same." Road says with a wicked grin. This made Allen and LenaLee very confused and upset as she kept laughing. Miranda then activates her innocence with a wish to protect them from the attack of Road's candles. Allen and LenaLee heal thanks to this, Allen shooting the akumas and killing them. Road then sighs as she opens a heart shaped door to leave.
" It was fun, we'll play again soon. Next time we will let the Lord Millennium set the stage for us." Road says as she disappeared through the gateway. The Dreamworld then crumbles, bringing all four people back to Miranda's apartment. Miranda struggles to try and keep her innocence active, not wanting their injuries to return.
" you have earned a rest Miranda. As long as we are alive, our bodies will heal. It's alright now, just let it go Miranda. We have to carry our own injuries with time." Allen and LenaLee say gently to Miranda. She lets it go, running in a hysterical flurry for help to her building manager. She runs to find the finder from the Black Order for help.
" Lavi keep watch and make sure nobody comes in. Hey I'm surprised you're awake. You're in a hospital partnered with the Order." Komui says as Allen wakes up. Komui explains about the severe injuries, mentioning that (y/n) had nerve damage and would be unconscious for a while. He mentions about LenaLee being in okay condition like Allen.
" Yeah, but I think she will be fine. That old geezer is with her right now so she should be good as new before you know it. So I'm Lavi, it's nice to meet you." A red headed teen says as he walks in, handing Allen a letter from Miranda. Allen reads the letter with a smile, excited for the new exorcist to join them.
Later that day, Allen wakes up from a nap. Allen asks about the Noah family, Lavi explaining in reply.
" The Noah family has had great influence for generations, but you'd never know it. And their power has never been officially recorded. Yet somehow they've always popped up at the major turning points in history. They've appeared once again and have taken the side of the Earl. That's the reason why your chief came here. To speak with the Bookmen who are the only living humans known to have knowledge.." Lavi says as an elder kicks him hard. The man mutters about talk being cheap, grumbling about Lavi being loose lipped. The man says to call him Bookman, saying about the prophecy of him and (y/n). He explains that Allen and (y/n) would be needed in a next assignment. Allen then goes out with Lavi and they mention age, how Allen is 15 and Lavi is 18. Lavi asks Allen about (y/n), the boy replying she is 23, Lavi looking surprised.
  In the hospital meanwhile, (y/n) wakes up as Komui is conversing with Bookman. Bookman explains what happened, subsequently introducing himself to her. Then she learns all that happened after Road had tinkered with her mind. She shares this with the two, Bookman paling in reaction to the knowledge of the ability.
Elsewhere a man daydreams about his childhood, remembering the sweetheart love he left behind.