Chapter 2

I was awaken from my sleep, I opened my eyes, to see Mey-Rin. 

"Here you go Lady Ann." She said, handing me a icy blue dress that matched my eyes perfectly. It had black frills at the bottom, and at the ends of my sleeves. The sleeves went to my elbows. The ribbon around my waist was also black, as was my black flats. The flats had icy blue bows on the top.

"Please call me Ann, just Ann." I replied, staring in awe at the gorgeous dress. I silently thanked, and dressed myself. I looked at my reflection, I looked nice. I slipped on my flats, which completed the look, and I looked so nice.

"Mey-Rin, could you please button my dress?" I called, and Mey-Rin walked in buttoned my dress, and she even tied it nicely.

"Could I please braid your hair Lad- I mean Ann." She asked, which made me giggle a little.

"Of course Mey-Rin." I replied. She clapped her hands, and began to braid my hair into a loose braid. When she finished she tied the end of my with a black ribbon. I touched my neck, releasing that my locket was missing.

"Where is my locket?" I asked calmly as possible. She smiled and put my golden locket around my neck.

"Thank you so much." I said, walking out with her. On our way out we ran into Finnian.

"Good morning Miss Ann." He greeted politely. I smiled at his kindness, and innocence.

"Good morning Finnian." I replied, gently bowing down for effect.

"Please call me Finny, Miss Ann." He said, his cheeks a slight pink. I smiled, then Mey-Rin and I continued to walk down the corridor. We past the kitchen, and Baldroy was cooking something. Well, actually, he was burning something. 

"Baldroy what are you doing!?" I asked, eyes widening when I saw him pick up a blowtorch! Was he really cooking with a blowtorch!

"Ah, call me Bard." He said, turning on the blowtorch.

"What are you doing!?" I almost yelled, rushing to him and taking away the blowtorch.

"What!!!" He yelled trying to take the blowtorch away from me. I tried for nearly twenty minutes to explained him how to cook properly, but he didn't listen.

"Bard, be nice to the young miss." A smooth voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Sebastian, he wore a calm expression.

"But she's trying to tell me how to cook the Young Master's scrambled eggs! I'm doing nothing wrong!!" He said, very arrogantly. I frowned at him. Was he really aware that you shouldn't be cooking with a blow torch.

"But you'll burn the eggs, and they won't turn out right." I calmly explained, trying not to lose my temper. I sang in my head a song my mother used to sing to me, and Alois when we children.

"Women don't know how to cook." He said, which made my blood boil. How dare he!?

"LISTEN HERE! I don't appreciate you going around saying women don't know how to cook! I'm one hell of cooker!!" I shouted, shaking out of pure anger. 

"Fine let's settle this! In a cooking challenge!" He challenged.

"OK, fine." I said, knowing that I would win without a problem. I gave him a confident look.