Chapter Seventeen- Coming Clean

Rose

I know Alex can tell that something is up with me and he is right and wrong at the same time. I know he just wants what is best for me but I am kind of scared to tell him. Him and Kaia are going through whatever I just don't even know but I just don't want to add anymore stress on him. I don't want him to worry about me.

Its been awhile since I have been this happy. Since my husband died I didn't think I would ever fall in love again but life is unpredictable and bam I met someone in May. One of my girlfriends tricked me to going on a blind date and we actually hit it off. To well to be honest. He is the sweetest guy I know and just this past month I introduced him to Aaron. I had to make sure that he was going to be around for the long haul. We have been dating for six months now. And I have a secret to tell Alex and eventually Aaron. I am a month pregnant.  I am due in July. A summer baby.

I am not going to put it off any longer. Alex had Aaron for the weekend so they can spend some time together and I know he wants to get his mind cleared from the whole Kaia and baby and brother situation. I don't really want to add a lot of stress to him but he would want to know he is like my older brother.

We sat in his office and I just stared at my hands for awhile before he finally spoke up.

"Rose I know you are seeing someone why are you so nervous to tell me that. I am glad that you can move on and be happy I wouldn't hold that against you." I just started to cry because that meant so much to me. Yup I really have to tell him now.

"Alex you don't understand how much that mean to me but there is something else. Yes I met someone and I am really happy. We have been dating for about six months now but there is something else. I'm pregnant." He just stared at me with his mouth wide open. Not speaking not moving not doing anything but staring. I started to think he just wasn't going to say anything.

"Rose as long as you are happy and he is there for you and Aaron and this baby I am happy. You are a grown woman I trust your decision but I still want to meet him and you haven't even told me his name." I let a breath that I didn't know I was holding out.

"Sure you can meet him. We can all go on a double date. So whatever you have going on with Kaia you need to fix because you won't meet him until then so let me know when you and her are free and we can work something out." I smiled to myself. What are sisters for?

Alex

Women. These damn women in my life what am I going to do with them?