Chapter 4

"Everything?" Ryan asked. Katara nodded slightly, ignoring the fact that it made the blood start to flow our of her neck again.

"The field trip." Katara began to explain as Ryan pressed a rag to her neck to try to stop the bleeding. "Training. The night I was brought to the Secret School. My real mom. Everything." Ryan froze, fear in his eyes. "Wha-" Katara started to ask, but was suddenly being dragged from Ryan. She turned around and saw the woman who kidnapped her, grabbing at her ankles. Katara twisted around and grabbed the arms of the the woman. She brought her head down and bit hard. The woman howled in pain, and Ryan's mom came running.

"Ryan! Are you-" She stopped when she saw Katara and the woman.

"Help me!" Katara screamed loudly.

"I'm terribly sorry ma'am," the woman replied in between breaths. "My daughter broke in to your house, and she won't leave."

"That's. Not. True!" Katara shouted, while keeping her hold with her teeth on the woman's arms.

"That lady kidnapped Katara!" Ryan exclaimed. "Her real mom is looking for her!" At that moment, Katara passed out again from a lack of blood.

"Call 911!" Ryan's mom instructed him. Ryan grabbed the phone and dialed the number while his mom struggled with the woman who kidnapped Katara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going to text Ryan so he knows that we don't have any new information," Lily told Jewl at the lunch table.

"Ok," Jewl responded, taking a bite of her chicken. "This school's chicken is actually kinda good." she commented.

"Yeah, I guess," Lily responded absent-mindedly. "And... Send! Now he has my number." Then she took a bite of her chicken. "Yeah, it is kind of good!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan was just getting of the phone with the 911 operator when his phone vibrated. The words "1 new message from" and a different number filled the screen. He opened the message and read, "Hey Ryan, this is Lily. No new info on Katara." He quickly added her to his contacts and clicked call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you really think your plan will work?" Lily asked. "I really don't know how we will be able to travel back in ti-" The buzzing of her phone interrupted her. "Ryan." she told Jewl right before answering.

"Hello?" Lily answered.

"Hey," Ryan responded. "I found her. The woman took her to the house my mom bought. Her neck has been slit, and the ambulance is here bringing her away. She gained her memory too!" Lily's jaw dropped.

"What?" Jewl asked.

"He found her!" Lily exclaimed.