Twenty Nine - "Eddie... You killed him!"

It was almost silent as Lyda Kaspbrak ascended up and out of the hatch of the clubhouse once more. Everyone shared scattered glances of unease, unsure of what exactly it was they had gotten themselves into. But Lydia knew, she knew what she had to do for her family, and it had been playing on her mind since the day they got the phone call.

"Here." Eddie spoke gently, placing his hands on her waist before he lifted her up out of the hatch.

"Thank you." She forced out

"Okay Mike, so how do we find our artefacts?"

"I gotta be honest man all due respects but this is stupid!" Richie outburst, "Why do we need tokens, Alright? We already remember everything, saving Bev, defeating It, we're caught up!"

Even Richie knew it wasn't as simple as that.

"It's not everything. We fought, but what happened after that?"

"W-We can't remember can we?"

"See? There's more of to our story that happened that summer, and those blank spaces are pages of our book , that's what you need to find. We need to split up. You each need to find your artefact, alone. That's important. When you do, meet me at the library tonight."

"I gotta say statistically speaking we're looking at better survival rates as a group." Eddie explained, enveloping his wife's hand in his own, "And besides I'm not going anywhere without her."

Richie rolled his eyes, "Splitting up would be dumb man, we gotta go together, we were together that whole summer right?"

"No. Not that whole summer." Bill mumbled

Another downfall of silence met the Losers Club and not one of them dared to speak. They knew what Bill was talking about, they'd spent a small part of the summer scattered after Bill and Richie's fight, half of the losers on Bill's side with the other half on Richie's. It was like an all new civil war.

"When Eddie's mom took him away, we all argued, we were alone. Mike's right..." The blonde woman lay her head on Eddie's shoulder, "Just like that part of summer, we have to do this alone."

***

"L, I don't know... Maybe we shouldn't be doing this. What if one of us die? Then Sebastian will only have one parent to raise him - and if you die I'll probably kill myself, just so you know! Then he'll have zero parents and I'll have to live with that guilt in the after life and I-"

"Eds." She placed a calming hand on his thigh as the car pulled into the lot, "Calm down, okay? I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

"It's not me I'm worried about." He bit his lip as they crossed the parking lot to the hotel. "You heard what Bev said, your death..."

"She saw all of us die Eds. Just because mine was the worse doesn't mean it's going to happen."

"If I lose you, I don't know what I'll do Lyds."

Tears began to burn Eddie's eyes and he bit his lip hard in an attempt to stop them. A line of crimson was instantly drawn across his pink lips.

"Eds, please don't cry." She told him, wiping the tears and the blood away with the edge of her sleeve, "We're a team, you remember that right?"

"Yes."

"So you know what that means?"

The brunette man shook his head.