The Alpha's Daughter - Chapter 13

Cal:

How the fuck could she do that to me, to all of us? Keeping something like that from us just save her own neck. I had done some fucked up things in my life but this...this was far more shittier than anything I had ever done. I kept walking, even though I had no idea where I wanted to go. I wanted to keep walking until my feet gave out and then I wanted walk further. She had lied to me. I think that was what hurt the most; knowing that she had intentionally kept something from me. After everything we had said to each other last night, she had still kept something of this scale a secret from me? I had thought that we were getting somewhere but now...now I was wondering if my wolf had made a mistake. If she was my mate, she wouldn't have lied to me and if I was hers, I wouldn't have reacted the way I had.

I could sense the fear coming from her when I had left. But at the time, I didn't care; I had just wanted to get out of that house and away from her.

Flint had known.

Flint had practically goaded her into telling us all. So how did he know? I shook my head and kept walking. I didn't care. I didn't care about anything. I didn't care that In didn't have any direction and that it was beginning to snow again. That was what she had the power to do; completely screw up my head. I hated her.

No, I didn't hate her. The shit thing was that I still loved her more than I had loved anything in my life. I was just so God damn pissed off with her. I thought that she loved me too but you just don't do that to the people you love. Okay, so growing up without her dad and brothers might have warped her perceptions a bit but still. I would never have done something like that; I had too much respect for the people in that house. She had put everyone at risk.

I wondered how Gordon was going to react. He wouldn't be happy. He had given her that last chance card and she had completely taken the piss. Stupid, stupid bitch.

She made a mistake, my wolf told me. Trust him to stick up for his mate when I was so angry with her. It didn't really do anything to improve my mood. Mistakes were fatal; I knew that more than anyone.

Then why are you being such a prick? I hated it when he did this; trying to make me second guess myself. He was like my conscience when I didn't need one. I was being a prick because she had lied to me. She had lied to me. But I hadn't exactly been entirely truthful about my parents...No, I wasn't going to make excuses for her. My parents were a completely different matter entirely.

Yeah, it's worse, my wolf muttered.

"Shut up," I growled. I stood still in the snow, right in the middle of the icy track. There was no way I could forgive her. Because of her, Flint had been attacked and now the pack knew exactly who we were. We were like walking targets. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't hate her.

I turned, knowing that I was probably going to regret it, but I had to go back. At the end of the day, I loved Annie and no matter what she did, it was unlikely that I would ever stop doing so. But I wasn't going back just for her, no. I had a few things to let her know and now that she couldn't take moral high ground, I could tell them to her straight.

Annie:

I was packing. I had almost picked up all of the clothes on the floor and I was about to make a start on the wardrobe. A week; that was how long I had lasted. Well, that was a record, even by my standards.

I was just beating my dad to the chase. I knew that he would throw me out after this, there was no doubts about it. I knew that Radleigh had told him because I had heard the smashing of plates. Some people beat others up, others shout abuse. My dad smashed crockery. Each to their own and all that.